FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dock Fishing  (Read 11239 times)

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
Re: Dock Fishing
« Reply #15 on: Mar 05, 2004, 11:03 PM »
SuperX,

Those Rock Bass any good on the dining room table (eating, not floppin around, that is)?   :)

I always thought they would be a strong flavored fish like the real bass. Saw recently on Ice Fishing.com that they are very good eating. What is your experience? (And cooking/recipe advice)?

Thanks,
-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #16 on: Mar 06, 2004, 05:14 AM »
The early rockies from colder water are excellent table fare. As the water warms they get a bit fishy tasting. I think it's diet mostly. The warmer the water, the more crabs they eat.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

spoofer

« Reply #17 on: Mar 06, 2004, 08:14 AM »
I like to dock fish for Walleyes at nite.  Problem is I,m never awake after the sun sets

seaweed01

« Reply #18 on: Mar 07, 2004, 07:47 PM »
RG,
Isn't apple blossom time also bullhead time?

mike VDM

« Reply #19 on: Mar 07, 2004, 07:50 PM »
Fished Conesus & Honeoye docks all last year!  We used the yamamotos, senkos, yums, and tubes most of the time for Bass (Catch and release).  This will be the first summer of pan fish in the mix of fishing!  Bass has been the target during the day and eyes at night but now I do believe that there will be a few outings for perch & crappie now that I have a taste for them!

Mike

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Mar 07, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Seaweed1
I generally fish bullhead  a few weeks after ice out. Well before the apple blossoms. Once the water hits 55 degrees I don't care for the taste of them.

Really it's just part of the yearly ritual.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #21 on: Mar 07, 2004, 08:53 PM »
Here's todays catch from the open waters of Seneca Lake.

RG

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #22 on: Mar 07, 2004, 11:40 PM »
RG,

How do you get them to all smile for the camera all at once like that?  :)

(You didn't use your tip-downs by any chance, did you???)

-reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

mikevdm

« Reply #23 on: Mar 08, 2004, 06:54 AM »
They have a smile on there face after they see all the jigs he has!  They know at that point there was no chance!

Mike

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Mar 08, 2004, 07:01 AM »
There's a "Red-Eye" setting on my camera...I wonder if there's a Fish-Eye setting ::)
RG

Sandman

• Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #25 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:33 AM »
Rockies in the spring at Sodus and Port Bay is a blast. I toss them back.  Fishing docks from the boat is often the best way to catch most anything depending on time of year. Same can be said for fishing on the docks. Nice to be able to stretch your legs anyway. By the way, for the heck of it we fished off my dock here at Buttonwood Creek (Braddock Bay) friday night during that warm weather. The creek here opened that day. We only got 5 bullhead on spikes but had fun.
Mobil Launch Team - 2 , 5th MAC SOG
de Opresso liber

packerbacker

« Reply #26 on: Mar 09, 2004, 06:54 PM »
Hey guys,
This is my first time on the site. Nice to have a site for open water fishing. Hey RG ever try the docks at Canandaigua pier. I know they fish them thru the ice. Don't know about open water though.

packerbacker

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #27 on: Mar 09, 2004, 07:46 PM »
You Betcha Bill.
If you're interested we can do some "Old Man" fishin . I'll show you some of my spring hangouts.
RG

packerbacker

« Reply #28 on: Mar 10, 2004, 04:13 PM »
RG,
You're on. I'll let you know my schedule and we'll get together.
packerbacker

acsacmboy

« Reply #29 on: Mar 10, 2004, 07:17 PM »
i cant wait for crappie fishin on chippewa bay. the hottest and most sunnyest days at about  pm is the best time ever. 115 plys degrees with the sun beetin down.BEST fishing. bullheads in the spring.. what could be better?
Randy Mason
FLCC 09' Fisheries Technology major

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.