FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: how has the fishin been  (Read 2516 times)

dogfish90ipa

how has the fishin been
« on: Aug 22, 2014, 09:40 PM »
hi all,
been busy with work the past few weeks. Hoping to get out this weekend and wonder how it has been for the surf guys the past few days. not looking for spots, i know where we will be going if we can get out. just wondering how guys have been doing. thanks.

dogfish

BrookieSlayer99

• Trying to catch big bows and brookies!
Re: how has the fishin been
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2014, 07:16 AM »
From what I have heard it has been slow, but this time of year it is always slow for stripers :-\ I will be heading out later today into tomorrow so any fresh info would be appreciated!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #2 on: Aug 25, 2014, 01:58 PM »
Yesterday I did something unthinkable for myself. I trolled lake Winnisquam on a warm and sunny Sunday afternoon in August.  :o But I am glad I did because it was quite a day. Nice size laker and bow both keeper size (released), a huge 2lb white perch (kept for the fry pan), a 3lb smallmouth, bluegill, crappie and yellow perch as well. I usually give up trolling for July and August but I am glad I decided to wet my whistle.

winnisquamtrout

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25, 2014, 03:00 PM »
winnisquam has been good all season this year

waterwolf603

« Reply #4 on: Aug 27, 2014, 01:10 PM »
Yesterday I did something unthinkable for myself. I trolled lake Winnisquam on a warm and sunny Sunday afternoon in August.  :o But I am glad I did because it was quite a day. Nice size laker and bow both keeper size (released), a huge 2lb white perch (kept for the fry pan), a 3lb smallmouth, bluegill, crappie and yellow perch as well. I usually give up trolling for July and August but I am glad I decided to wet my whistle.

where are the pics bruuuhhhhhh?
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #5 on: Aug 27, 2014, 01:18 PM »
I know, I didn't take too many pics. Really the only notable fish was the WP- I thought it was a bass when it first came up! The laker was 19" and not very heavy, the rainbow was probably 13-14" and healthy. The smallmouth was a big boy and I know my buddy got a pic, I will try and get it.

Kook5604

« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2014, 06:20 AM »
I fish Winnisquam every weekend for the past few years - this is the first year i have been catching White Perch - Good sized
Looks the Winnisquam is making a comeback

waterwolf603

« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2014, 07:01 AM »
I know, I didn't take too many pics. Really the only notable fish was the WP- I thought it was a bass when it first came up! The laker was 19" and not very heavy, the rainbow was probably 13-14" and healthy. The smallmouth was a big boy and I know my buddy got a pic, I will try and get it.

sounds like a good day either way im glad you got some fish
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

NH_RED

« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2014, 02:00 PM »
Managed a good morning this past Saturday. On the water by 5:45 and 14 total fish by 9am. Had to work real hard for the last 3 between 8-9 when the sun hit the water. 13 bows and one brown was the break down. All on small streamers ;) Had one hit and hook up that felt as big or bigger than anything this open water season. Possibly either a big brown, rainbow or smallie but it felt heavy, very heavy. be back it Saturday morning and maybe we'll meet again :D

BassMaster12

« Reply #9 on: Sep 12, 2014, 03:51 PM »
I'm gunna be up in the Sanbornton area this weekend. Probably gunna fish hermit lake, winnisquam, and maybe a few others. I'll update with my report on Monday  ;D
_Icecold_ on the shanty

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.