FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Has anyone been able to fish ANY shores/beaches/bridges/docks/piers????  (Read 4421 times)

stripernut

When people can't play nice with their toys, they get them taken away... This will be sad as I am sure it is not the majority of anglers causing the problems, but somehow we need to police ourselves. That said I don't know how that can be done, Last time I was there and 1 guy was getting in the way of like 6 other anglers I politely asked him to let the next guy cast. I was told to &uck Off and not one other angler spoke up. If that is the kind of behavior that is acceptable, then most likely the canal will get closed down sooner than later. And yes I could have gone over and had a confirmation with the jerk, I am a big guy and can hold my own, but I was there to fish, not spend time in jail when I cracked his head on the rocks... If I did not get shot first... I walked away and have not been back, I will leave it to the kids that did not learn how to play nice in kindergarten...

lowaccord66

they have been saying if this doesn't decrease the noise and vice ( and we all know it wont) then they will take further measures to restrict parking and possibly close it to all fishing if need be.

It won't.  I mentioned in the other thread that its not commercial fisherman that are causing the issues.  Apparently this is specifically related to troubles in the west end last season. 

I doubt the powers that be in Bourne and other neighboring towns would favor no fishing.  We are a large percentage of that towns economy.

westernmas

I just don't understand how they can't have an EPO or two in plain clothes out there every full and new moon at a few known poaching areas.  Both ends, the fishing pier and the herring run are all well known spots that I've witnessed poaching at almost every year.

And Jon a lot of commercial guys give fish away so they can continue to fish for bigger fish during a blitz.  I've seen that quite frequently.  I agree they aren't a main source of the problem but there are some that could do it more ethically.  They also don't have enough signage, in MULTIPLE language, that states the new slot limit.  There are so many people down there that pretend to play dumb.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.