FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Last day on the Q  (Read 1389 times)

Icepick

Last day on the Q
« on: Oct 18, 2020, 11:03 PM »
Was October 15.  I fished solo and managed a 2lb 9oz salmon and five small lakers to around four ponds while targeting salmon fishing one downrigger from 35 to 50 feet down and a lead core rig at six and seven colors out.  The salmon hit a dodger and streamer on the core seven colors out.

stripernut

Re: Last day on the Q
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2020, 04:16 AM »
Nice way to finish the season!

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2020, 05:50 AM »
 Not a bad way to end the season.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2020, 06:22 AM »
Nice.  I saw they had new rental boats stacked up at 8 assuming those are for next season.

deerhunter

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2020, 07:08 AM »
way ta get em on the last day, 2ns

Icepick

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Nice.  I saw they had new rental boats stacked up at 8 assuming those are for next season.

I would just as soon they stop the rental program as it’s crowded enough for me without it.  I know it’s a nice deal for the boatless, but it’s a zoo there some days.

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2020, 09:27 AM »
I would just as soon they stop the rental program as it’s crowded enough for me without it.  I know it’s a nice deal for the boatless, but it’s a zoo there some days.

I can understand that feeling, but I think in the end having more anglers able to utilize the resource, it is more likely to keep it open to all of us... Everytime some one want to shut the Q down to all of us (and their are some that do), the more anglers that stand up and complain, only helps our cause.

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2020, 09:34 AM »
I was a prolific rental boat user and was very successful in using them before my friends sealed their boats.  Im with Allan in that usage is the key to continued access.  That and its hard to stomach a complaint about that place being busy when there are no recreational boaters there.  There is more than enough room for everyone being that its only people fishing.

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20, 2020, 07:18 AM »
I would just as soon they stop the rental program as it’s crowded enough for me without it..... it’s a zoo there some days.

Huh?  A zoo?  Hardly.  It's 25,000 acres.  Check out Winnipesaukee some time.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

Ryan51993

« Reply #9 on: Oct 20, 2020, 07:26 AM »
I've fished the Q my entire life and never has the word "zoo" come to mind. You get the occasional jerk that gets a little closer than necessary in the spring time but 99% of the time I only see a handful of people hundreds of yards away over the course of a day. Literally any other water source including the ocean is more of a zoo than the Q.

Steve H.

« Reply #10 on: Oct 20, 2020, 08:05 AM »
Literally any other water source including the ocean is more of a zoo than the Q.
;D ;D ;D
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: Oct 20, 2020, 09:51 AM »
I've fished the Q my entire life and never has the word "zoo" come to mind. You get the occasional jerk that gets a little closer than necessary in the spring time but 99% of the time I only see a handful of people hundreds of yards away over the course of a day. Literally any other water source including the ocean is more of a zoo than the Q.

I always wondered what their intent is when they get too close.  Not sure about the average person but I fish for the isolation....if I wanted to socialize there are a million other venues for that.  Me, I prefer to be treated like a wild animal when I'm fishing...you can look but don't approach...my reactions to encroachment may vary...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.