FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 661371 times)

roadkill128

Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #255 on: May 06, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Been listening to Amon Amarth (Norwegian/ Viking Death Metal lol) a bit here and there.  Gets the blood pumping and the urge to thrash something going.
Opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect those of my employers.  Thank you, have a happy day and please drive through.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #256 on: May 06, 2010, 11:27 AM »
Funny....I'm getting too old to thrash stuff now. Don't heal as quick anymore ???

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #257 on: May 06, 2010, 11:30 AM »
MickeyFinn, I couldn't agree more. I was a huge Metallica fan back in the day.
My mother raised me on Black Sabbath and Metallica lol.
The first Load album was the last album I ever bought. I lost a lot respect for them. Ill give them credit for maxing out their industry for all it's worth. They're now exceptional buisnessmem, but far from artists anymore imo.
"Bass solo take one!"
Thanks for bringing that up Mickey. I'm going to get some old school Metallica up here as soon as I get in front of my pc.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #258 on: May 06, 2010, 11:40 AM »
MickeyFinn, I couldn't agree more. I was a huge Metallica fan back in the day.
My mother raised me on Black Sabbath and Metallica lol.
The first Load album was the last album I ever bought. I lost a lot respect for them. Ill give them credit for maxing out their industry for all it's worth. They're now exceptional buisnessmem, but far from artists anymore imo.
"Bass solo take one!"
Thanks for bringing that up Mickey. I'm going to get some old school Metallica up here as soon as I get in front of my pc.
Don't forget a little Megadeth, Mustane is probably the greatest metal guitarist ever, he still rippin out stuff today...
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

Gamma Fish

« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Dude....never admit that stuff on the web.....nothing good ever comes from it. Some things need to be kept to yourself. Wait until Gamma, or some of the other guys that think they know good musicians kick in on that one?? ;) But I will agree that I am a fan of the likes of them also....so come get some all ya haters! :flex:
Don't get me starter...Grasshopper !!     Actually, of all the crappy modern rock wannabe bands who've come out since the early 90's, 3 Doors Down would one of the few I would listen to !    Them and Stone Temple Pilots are about the only bands who're worth a listen from that genre of music.
     There's a few more that are borderline worthy but very few !
There are musically talented bands and there are fun bands.  Over the past 20 years, talented musicians have gone the way of the do do bird !     Todays "Studio Altered" garbage is just that !      Anyone with a computer and who knows 3 chords can record a song and enhance it with high end editing to make it sound good.     

2 weeks ago, I gave a CD to a guy (guitar player) who's wound up on modern rock (and himself) and thinks he's the bomb !     He wanted to jam with us so I told him to learn these few songs on ther CD.     Kansas "Portrait"     and   Rush "La Villa Strangiatto"       We haven't heard from him since ! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)   Just a bit too challenging I guess  ::) ::) ::)
   What I'm getting at is that modern rock music is junk !      Classic, southern and progressive rock from the  60's to early 80's required talent.................and a lot of it !             25 years from now, people will still be listening to and enjoying the Beatles, Stones, Allman Bros, Priest, Sabbath, Santana, Journey, Kansas, Styx, Rush, Hendrix, Floyd etc, etc             They won't be listening to the lame wannabe modern rock that has polluted the airwaves over the past 20 years. 
Plastics are Fantastic !

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2010, 12:07 PM »
I've found some music that I like in recent years, but you're right Gamma. Sadly, many of them don't make the airwaves.
If they don't produce "canned" music the herds won't eat it.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2010, 12:10 PM »
   Used to listen to Joe Satriani in the am drives to work years ago, have no idea how to spell his last name.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2010, 12:14 PM »
The Satch! Great stuff man. I dont even listen to radio any more, since I got satellite radio. That stuff out there now ???

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2010, 12:20 PM »
Metallica before they jumped on the conveyor belt enroute to the canning machine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WElvEZj0Ltw&feature=related
One of the best music videos of all time. This is also when MTV meant MUSIC TELEVISION!
Do you guys remember Rikki Rachtman and Headbangers Ball?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgGTTtR0kc&feature=related
Pretty sure you got Satriani's name right. ???

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #266 on: May 06, 2010, 12:57 PM »
Don't get me starter...Grasshopper !!     Actually, of all the crappy modern rock wannabe bands who've come out since the early 90's, 3 Doors Down would one of the few I would listen to !    Them and Stone Temple Pilots are about the only bands who're worth a listen from that genre of music.
     There's a few more that are borderline worthy but very few !
There are musically talented bands and there are fun bands.  Over the past 20 years, talented musicians have gone the way of the do do bird !     Todays "Studio Altered" garbage is just that !      Anyone with a computer and who knows 3 chords can record a song and enhance it with high end editing to make it sound good.     

2 weeks ago, I gave a CD to a guy (guitar player) who's wound up on modern rock (and himself) and thinks he's the bomb !     He wanted to jam with us so I told him to learn these few songs on ther CD.     Kansas "Portrait"     and   Rush "La Villa Strangiatto"       We haven't heard from him since ! ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)   Just a bit too challenging I guess  ::) ::) ::)
   What I'm getting at is that modern rock music is junk !      Classic, southern and progressive rock from the  60's to early 80's required talent.................and a lot of it !             25 years from now, people will still be listening to and enjoying the Beatles, Stones, Allman Bros, Priest, Sabbath, Santana, Journey, Kansas, Styx, Rush, Hendrix, Floyd etc, etc             They won't be listening to the lame wannabe modern rock that has polluted the airwaves over the past 20 years. 

I would make one exception and they have kinda been around awhile now.. TOOL I have all their albums and they remind me so much of RUSH,they just know how to put a song together and like Rush are very talented... they are a bit on the heavyy side..
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

KingPerch

« Reply #267 on: May 06, 2010, 01:03 PM »
I whistle a lot. It annoys the crap out of people, but I can't help it.
If I'm fishing and start whistling, there's a good chance it's one of these tunes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZES3nJQYJok
This tune is really deep. Listen to the words. It struck a chord with me and may with many others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDxgSvJINlU&NR=1
Another one worth giving a listen. This entire album was like a life story for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNyGK7ymW0k&NR=1
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:!LOL!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2010, 01:05 PM »
  Used to listen to Joe Satriani in the am drives to work years ago, have no idea how to spell his last name.
That was some great stuff SNAG!! and YES, You spelled it right!! ;D Another great guitarist was Steve Vai, even when he played with the "POSER" David Lee Roth!!--KP

KingPerch

« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2010, 01:11 PM »
What is wrong with Journey man....? Get's me hooked up with the misses almost every time I roll a couple love tunes! :w00t: :flag:
WHO'S CRYIN' NOW!!!!!!! You Da Man FM!!!! I play my wife some good 'ol head banging Megadeath or something, that puts her right in the mood!!! ;D.....................NO....NO I don't!!!! BENNY MARDONES!!!!!!! Nobody put him on any of our list!!!!!--KP 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.