FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 660757 times)

1fish@atime

Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #465 on: May 23, 2010, 06:47 AM »
One of the best Berkley trained (concert piano) bass players I ever played with had one with a custom cabinet he made for it. 4-10's, 2-12's, and a horn. Played his customized Jazz through it, he split a Jazz and put a through neck, five string, added custom offset pickups, and a locking , tuneable bridge. With a copper plate it was pretty all polished up. He knew more music theory to turn a simple three chord song into harmonic bliss. Loved playing rhythm guitar with him, he knew what chord to play with what notes he was playing to make things a lot more interesting and full sounding.

skidplate

« Reply #466 on: May 23, 2010, 09:40 AM »
Thought I had a collection, you guys make me feel better, like it IS ok to fish 6 days a week and heck 3 four strings is not even a collection, I've barely got any really, should get more...have had an eye on a P-Bass for a long time now...hmmm (-:
There is only one kind of freedom and that's individual liberty. Our lives come from our creator and our liberty comes from our creator. It has nothing to do with government granting it.
 Ron Paul

Gamma Fish

« Reply #467 on: May 25, 2010, 07:14 AM »
  Today will be Bass Guitar day !      1st, a 1988 Fender Precision Bass (made in Japan and of much better quality than US built P basses even though I hate to say it)

1986 Guild Pilot 5 srting (USA)

And my favorite player, A Fender "Marcus Miller" Jazz Bass 

Plastics are Fantastic !

Gamma Fish

« Reply #468 on: May 26, 2010, 12:26 PM »
Recent addition via the trade route !     1970 Univox High Flyer     (one of Kurt Kobains guitars of choice)

Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #469 on: May 26, 2010, 06:00 PM »
Recent addition via the trade route !     1970 Univox High Flyer     (one of Kurt Kobains guitars of choice)

I need to check that one out Gamma. I can play some of Ol' Kurts melodies

Gamma Fish

« Reply #470 on: May 26, 2010, 06:21 PM »
I need to check that one out Gamma. I can play some of Ol' Kurts melodies
No problem.  I just need to do a clean up and a set up before it's ready to play.    Maybe tomorrow ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #471 on: May 26, 2010, 10:20 PM »
No problem.  I just need to do a clean up and a set up before it's ready to play.    Maybe tomorrow ! ;)

"Come as you are...as you were...as I want you to be......,as a friend".....

I know slayer can relate.....maybe even mr. finn

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #472 on: May 26, 2010, 10:30 PM »

75 watts of pure loud pleasure! ;)

now that I have had some time to jam on this set up Gamma....man It rocks...super loud.....wicked sustain...and a perfect crunch that resembles some of the 60's and 70's classic rockin tunes.  Thanks Pal...I am super happy ;)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #473 on: May 27, 2010, 02:11 AM »

75 watts of pure loud pleasure! ;)

now that I have had some time to jam on this set up Gamma....man It rocks...super loud.....wicked sustain...and a perfect crunch that resembles some of the 60's and 70's classic rockin tunes.  Thanks Pal...I am super happy ;)
Glad you're happy with it ! ;) ;)     There's a ton of cool patches in that Boss pedal and once you get them all dialed in, it'll be even better !
  Now you just need to stand that inlaid Telecaster against that rig to top it off ! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #474 on: May 27, 2010, 04:27 AM »
Real nice Gamma...I had a Jazz in the early '80's. Liked it until a friend "Vinny" bought a new precision. So much lighter and more whump than the ole jazz ever thought of. Showed another bass player friend your pics the other day. He wants a univox real bad. They are hard to find around here, and internet buying just doesn't cut it for musical instruments. You must spend a bunch of time searching for these jems!! Neat hobby.  Nice guitars!!

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #475 on: May 27, 2010, 06:36 AM »
RIP Paul Grey.
Bass player of Slipknot.
They may not yet be known as legends in the music world, but these guys took metal to a new level.
The metal that is normally know as "underground" was thrust into the masses by the likes of Slipknot.
For that, these guys are legends.
Let's hope for a speedy and accurate autopsy to help give his family and friends some closure.
A little diddy from some music that helped enhance my years of youth. I spent many hours delivering pizza, screaming at my windshield and terrorizing the streets of my hometown with twin 12" subs behind the seats of my S-10.
This music does things for me coffee never was capable of.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zCN0YhW1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVE8kSM43I&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw2LU1yS7aw&feature=channel
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #476 on: May 27, 2010, 10:39 AM »
Real nice Gamma...I had a Jazz in the early '80's. Liked it until a friend "Vinny" bought a new precision. So much lighter and more whump than the ole jazz ever thought of. Showed another bass player friend your pics the other day. He wants a univox real bad. They are hard to find around here, and internet buying just doesn't cut it for musical instruments. You must spend a bunch of time searching for these jems!! Neat hobby.  Nice guitars!!
No doubt about the weight of many Jazz Basses.  That Marcus Miller is a tank !   Solid ash body is why but it's a real gem as far as playability and what it can do with all the custom electronics..
    If you like the thump, I have an early 70's "Greco" hollow body bass that just explodes !   It's different !    I'll post some pictures when I get my regular computer straightened out.

Those Univox High Flyers have really increased in value over the past 5 years.   They're in the 500 to 850 dollar range now for a nice one.
I do have another High Flyer but there's a split in the body by the neck pocket and it's missing a few parts.   It's a blonde model that's pretty rare so I'm going to make the neccesary repairs and find the missing parts in the near future.

Yesterday, while digging through some gear I had stashed in my basement (for 20 years) ::)  I found an old analog synthesizer in a cabinet that I hadn't touched in years.     It needs some TLC but after doing some research, I found it to be as rare as hens teeth !     Started to GOOGLE the model number and almost fell off my seat when I saw what one recently sold for on e bay ! :o :o :o :o  Pictures coming on that unit too !

I'm thinking we should all get together for a monster jam some weekend !   A couple shade trees, several guitars and many gallons of tequila ! ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Simplecarppieguy

• Established in 1969, Fisherman by 1975..
« Reply #477 on: May 27, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Big show this weekend at club Fusion in North Syracuse it's a DIO tribute. Doors Open at 8pm bands all night. Hope to C-ya there.

P.s. I'll be playing for Titanium Black.
16 kings, 100 dropped!! Its not all about how many you get to the bank, its about the fun and friendship!

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2010, 10:13 PM »
You guys are killing me with all these guitars..... I have a tele..... had a band back in the day, did the lounge act scene for awhile and some clubs.... I sang.... loved it... great way to vent.... still to this day have people come up to me and say aren't you that Guy who sang doors tune to a T..... I get a kick out of it and it really goes a long way if your out with a lady friend.....LOL....  I have to say though our ruthenium Guy had a Jackson guitar I could never put down.... that thing was smooth...... it just seemed like all my mistakes never showed on it.... very fine guitar in my opinion...
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #479 on: May 27, 2010, 10:24 PM »
You guys are killing me with all these guitars..... I have a tele..... had a band back in the day, did the lounge act scene for awhile and some clubs.... I sang.... loved it... great way to vent.... still to this day have people come up to me and say aren't you that Guy who sang doors tune to a T..... I get a kick out of it and it really goes a long way if your out with a lady friend.....LOL....  I have to say though our ruthenium Guy had a Jackson guitar I could never put down.... that thing was smooth...... it just seemed like all my mistakes never showed on it.... very fine guitar in my opinion...

Jackson is good stuff....if it has strings, and makes tolerable noise..in my opinion it is worthy! (tuned properly of course) ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.