FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 660389 times)

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #855 on: Jul 20, 2010, 07:23 PM »
What is the first concert you ever went to... This is mine...
  ...   The Joe Perry Project opened for them....
I was just foolin' with you guys with the Kiss and Priest rant.
My first live show was Kiss despite not really being a fan.
Mom brought me when I was like...10.
That explains why I am the way I am! ::)
The 2nd show was one of my favorites. A band I don't believe has been mentioned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdmw4tJJ1Y
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #856 on: Jul 20, 2010, 07:39 PM »
Great band.. Still think I have the shirt with the forks in the guys eyes.. Saw them and these guys 

in Madison Square Garden.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #857 on: Jul 20, 2010, 07:47 PM »
good  one  prchslyr  .....  not  postive   but  i  believe   thin lizzy  was  my  first   concert  ...going  back  a  few  years  ,  gamma  may  rmember  this  "the  jabber whocky"  cyndi loper  talking heads  james taylor the  list  goes  on  and  on  ....the  days  of  old  ...and  time  marches  on....but  the  song  remains  the  same ;D
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

prchslyr

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #858 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:31 PM »
Now we're talkin' Raquettedacker!
That's the stuff I was raised on!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #859 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:39 PM »
good  one  prchslyr  .....  not  postive   but  i  believe   thin lizzy  was  my  first   concert  ...going  back  a  few  years  ,  gamma  may  rmember  this  "the  jabber whocky"  cyndi loper  talking heads  james taylor the  list  goes  on  and  on  ....the  days  of  old  ...and  time  marches  on....but  the  song  remains  the  same ;D
Spent many nights there and at Sutters Mill on the SU hill.  Great acts used to play both venues regularly when there was still a music scene in the Syracuse area !   
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #860 on: Jul 20, 2010, 08:47 PM »
First concert I went to was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGzpAiUm0k4
The first time I saw AC/DC was in Orlando on route 50. Place called The Point After, we were hired to play from 6-8 in the amphitheater. While were were getting off the stage some guys were headed out and screaming gutairs, screaming voice. Who the heck is that I ask a stage hand. AC/DC he said. Just released their first album. Just wait you'll know who they are by next year. That was 1979.
GEEES, Alvin and the Chipmunks does Foreigner!! WOW :o ::)

1fish@atime

« Reply #861 on: Jul 21, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Nice, I guess the pain medicine was kicking in when I clicked on the link for that..... :P
http://www.last.fm/music/Foreigner/+videos/+1-wHPuCTb1D6o
Skied everyday with this on the PA at a local ski center. Then went to spac the following summer and saw them live. Still one of the best live vocal bands I have ever heard.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #862 on: Jul 21, 2010, 12:49 PM »
First concert I went to was this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGzpAiUm0k4
The first time I saw AC/DC was in Orlando on route 50. Place called The Point After, we were hired to play from 6-8 in the amphitheater. While were were getting off the stage some guys were headed out and screaming gutairs, screaming voice. Who the heck is that I ask a stage hand. AC/DC he said. Just released their first album. Just wait you'll know who they are by next year. That was 1979.
GEEES, Alvin and the Chipmunks does Foreigner!! WOW :o ::)

Hilarious, wasn't sure what ya meant by the Alvin and the chipmunks thing....till I clicked on the link!

1fish@atime

« Reply #863 on: Jul 21, 2010, 03:26 PM »
I wanna hear ya play it just like that FM. You too can be a Juke Box Hero.....

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #864 on: Jul 21, 2010, 10:55 PM »
I wanna hear ya play it just like that FM. You too can be a Juke Box Hero.....

I'll do my best playing that if ya buy me a large container of helium...... plus I'll need a day or two of practice. 8)

1fish@atime

« Reply #865 on: Jul 22, 2010, 07:44 AM »
I'll do my best playing that if ya buy me a large container of helium...... plus I'll need a day or two of practice. 8)
LOL!! I remember when that song came out. I had it blaring on the stereo in my Duster Demon. Learned it one
afternoon, Had to borrow a friends distortion pedal. My old Kay and Fender Twin just didn't have that sound LOL.
Funny we would rock out to Foreigner then get down with CDB. LOL just remembered my dad asking what the h#@& is a Doobie Brother....

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #866 on: Jul 22, 2010, 09:12 PM »
LOL!! I remember when that song came out. I had it blaring on the stereo in my Duster Demon. Learned it one
afternoon, Had to borrow a friends distortion pedal. My old Kay and Fender Twin just didn't have that sound LOL.
Funny we would rock out to Foreigner then get down with CDB. LOL just remembered my dad asking what the h#@& is a Doobie Brother....

Shoot, when that stuff came out, my memories were early sunday mornings, I was about 10 years old, and we were getting ready for dads sunday softball game in Syracuse. We would crank up Dad's old Pioneer Sterio system as we were getting ready for the day!

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #867 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:22 PM »

Anyone played this one yet, one of my favorites!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aopqfl1srpk
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #868 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:28 PM »
Snag thats a good one.. My little brother brings that cd every spring to our fishing trip... ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #869 on: Jul 23, 2010, 09:33 PM »
How about your favorite one hit wonder... This is one of mine.... ;D ;D  My fro was just as big then and my mustache is bigger now... ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.