FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 663043 times)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #2160 on: Jun 19, 2011, 03:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcEOuIHAsOc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Ts4M3irWM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o22eIJDtKho

my father was the lead singer in a johnny cash cover band while he was with us . i used to go all over the state with him and listen to this stuff at vfw clubs . miss you pops heres to you  :'(

Drewdog

« Reply #2161 on: Jun 19, 2011, 05:07 PM »
I remember hearin they(The Rods) were linked to Ithica. Maybe it was where they played alot. I remember hearin about the Cortland connection too with Dio.
Back before Dio got with Rainbow, Dio and Fienstien where together in their band Elf....which I'm pretty sure you were well aware of too.
Needless to say. They do rock. Sure do wish Ronnie never died. I've been a life long fan of his. At least his music will live on forever. 8)

Fienstein Owns the Hollywood Restaurant in Cortland ,most of the Italians in Cortland were related to DIO.I don't mean that in a bad way a few of my friends were related  to the family..
One friend of mine spoke at Ronnie's funeral,Butch Hyde, he went to school with Ronnie and was with him when he passed they have a nice clip on YouTube of Butch and Ronnie's son Dan speaking at the funeral.
This summer Cortland is having a concert with a some of the people who played in ELF and others who played with Ronnie,and friends, at the Mc Donald Center for the "Ronnie Dio's Stand up and Shout at Cancer Benefit Concert for research, there are going to be some great bands there,The Rods are going to play as well.
Can't tell I'm a Cortland Townie, eh.
 Remember Everyone is Rock n Roll Children
.........DD...... ;D ;D ;D
CASTIN FOR WALLEYES,OH YEA

salmonrebel

• "YOU HAVE TO KILL IT!...TO GRILL IT!"
« Reply #2162 on: Jun 19, 2011, 06:40 PM »

Fienstein Owns the Hollywood Restaurant in Cortland ,most of the Italians in Cortland were related to DIO.I don't mean that in a bad way a few of my friends were related  to the family..
One friend of mine spoke at Ronnie's funeral,Butch Hyde, he went to school with Ronnie and was with him when he passed they have a nice clip on YouTube of Butch and Ronnie's son Dan speaking at the funeral.
This summer Cortland is having a concert with a some of the people who played in ELF and others who played with Ronnie,and friends, at the Mc Donald Center for the "Ronnie Dio's Stand up and Shout at Cancer Benefit Concert for research, there are going to be some great bands there,The Rods are going to play as well.
That's cool, Drewdog. And no, I didn't take it in a bad way.
When you corrected me, I remembered Ronnie was from Cortland and it registered from what I remember that Fienstein was from the same town. I musta got the mix-up came when I bought the new Rods cd I remember seeing in the insert of the cd the town of Ithica mentioned.
I remember hearin about the Hollywood restaurant too. Gonna have to make a detour one of these days and get a bite when I'm on my way to Mexico/Oswego to fish the big O.
That's real cool your friends with one of Ronnie's friends and friends of his family too. I wish I had the opportunity to of met him. One thing's for sure about him. He was and always be one of the best. And ya didn't have to know him to know, that he was one of the most giving artists of all time. He was always into doin great things for multiple charities throughout his career. That's somethin I love about the Nuge too. There isn't anyone out there that I know that have done better things with their stardom.
Thanks for what you mentioned. Do you have a date/time/place for that benefit concert? Don't know if I'd be able to make it. But I sure would like to.

....And yes!.....We are all "Rock 'n' Roll Children!" 8)
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #2163 on: Jun 19, 2011, 07:59 PM »

Fienstein Owns the Hollywood Restaurant in Cortland ,most of the Italians in Cortland were related to DIO.I don't mean that in a bad way a few of my friends were related  to the family..
  I was just in Cortland last weekend..picked up 20 rods at the store...as I was passing frank and Maries I got a big smile...good times I had over there bar hopping back in the day. ;D
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

esox v

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Drewdog

« Reply #2165 on: Jun 20, 2011, 06:45 AM »
That's cool, Drewdog. And no, I didn't take it in a bad way.
When you corrected me, I remembered Ronnie was from Cortland and it registered from what I remember that Fienstein was from the same town. I musta got the mix-up came when I bought the new Rods cd I remember seeing in the insert of the cd the town of Ithica mentioned.
I remember hearin about the Hollywood restaurant too. Gonna have to make a detour one of these days and get a bite when I'm on my way to Mexico/Oswego to fish the big O.
That's real cool your friends with one of Ronnie's friends and friends of his family too. I wish I had the opportunity to of met him. One thing's for sure about him. He was and always be one of the best. And ya didn't have to know him to know, that he was one of the most giving artists of all time. He was always into doin great things for multiple charities throughout his career. That's somethin I love about the Nuge too. There isn't anyone out there that I know that have done better things with their stardom.
Thanks for what you mentioned. Do you have a date/time/place for that benefit concert? Don't know if I'd be able to make it. But I sure would like to.

....And yes!.....We are all "Rock 'n' Roll Children!" 8)

Uncle Ted is Awesome...
I named my Great White Dummy (Pyrenees and Chocolate Lab)Ted Nugent so my Grand kids can call him Uncle Ted.I saw Uncle Ted in Syracuse a few years back, A great show
I will definitely check the date and post it for the concert...
  Snagger ...Frank and Mary's at 2:30 am was were it was at when the munchies came after a long night of tippin bottles or pints...
Ronnie had the most powerful voice for someone who was so small,one of his earliest bands was "Ronnie and the Red Caps"
I saw him live a couple of times and it was a great show but just as DIO and with Black Sabbath, not Ronnie and The Red Caps,I'm not that old..
Rock On..............DD.......... ;D ;D ;D

salmonrebel

« Reply #2166 on: Jun 20, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Thanks Drewdog. 8)

Nice to see ya, SNAGGER! 8)
Hope you and the boys are gettin into the fish. :tipup:

You guys be sure to visit us on the "Rebel Team Chat" on the PA boards from time to time
when yas got the time.
  Our 2nd Amendment isn't a priviledge!, IT'S A RIGHT!,... That, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!".... "WHACK 'EM! AN' STACK 'EM!"

salmonrebel

« Reply #2167 on: Jun 20, 2011, 10:25 AM »
I love everything Ronnie did. But, this one is one of my all time favs from him. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL1RguQL4jQ

KingPerch

« Reply #2168 on: Jun 20, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Anybody know of this DIO band?? Besides GAMMA!!!! ;Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqHzPgpp3RY&feature=related--KP 8)

If you grew up in the Cortland area... you should've heard of this band!! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

salmonrebel

« Reply #2169 on: Jun 20, 2011, 07:04 PM »
Anybody know of this DIO band?? Besides GAMMA!!!! ;Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqHzPgpp3RY&feature=related--KP 8)

If you grew up in the Cortland area... you should've heard of this band!! 8)

Even though I grew up in NEPA most of my life and a few years in the northwestern panhandle of Florida.....
I'll take a wild shot at it...... :blink: :laugh: .......Fienstein and Dio in ELF.
I love upstate NY, and Fienstein and Dio just add to the greatness of the region. :thumbup_smilie: :bowdown:
Great call!, Larry. 8)

Drewdog

« Reply #2170 on: Jun 21, 2011, 06:58 AM »
I'm not that old ..I did listen to ELF but not until later ...
Here is the site that explains everything about the concert
http://www.standupandshoutcortland.org/

...........DD....... ;D ;D ;D

salmonrebel

« Reply #2171 on: Jun 21, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Your directlink didn't go thru, DD.
Here it is. Thanks for posting it. 8) I'll definitly check it out.

http://www.standupandshoutcortland.org/

salmonrebel

« Reply #2172 on: Jun 21, 2011, 12:57 PM »
Just checked it out, DD.
Definitly gonna look into goin. 8)

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #2173 on: Jun 21, 2011, 05:26 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRrKaq0IyY

pure genious  ;D also the best guitar player in country music today .

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2174 on: Jun 21, 2011, 05:51 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRrKaq0IyY

pure genious  ;D also the best guitar player in country music today .
One of the best "Pure" guitar players anywhere ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.