FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 662880 times)

Dark Cloud

Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #2355 on: Aug 11, 2011, 08:45 PM »
I love Warren,  but not as a lead for the Dead...  JMO.....................

Agreed, awesome but wouldnt fit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A13tUxH09SI&feature=related

Look at what we missed DC...
&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq0_LjALQYU&feature=related

I gotta get to that some year! Maybe we should fill a cooler with NewkieBrowns next year and hit the mountain...  :afro:
Thats a sweet version of Gold Dust Woman...
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

esox v

« Reply #2356 on: Aug 11, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Agreed, awesome but wouldnt fit...

I gotta get to that some year! Maybe we should fill a cooler with NewkieBrowns next year and hit the mountain...  :afro:
Thats a sweet version of Gold Dust Woman...
I should be there next year... did the Canada trip instead this year. Warren played with the dead for a while after Jerry died..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0uuglUiR50

Been drinking Kona Longboards... Not a half bad brew.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #2357 on: Aug 11, 2011, 10:21 PM »
 There is so much good quality stuff out there....

Row jimmy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldPVSLvN2_o&feature=related

Bruce Hornsby played the Grateful Dead quite a bit on his last tour... caught a few tunes from it somwhere.. This is how  I end up staying up all night !!! Just lookin around...... one thing just leads to another ;D ;D  

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2358 on: Aug 11, 2011, 10:37 PM »
I love Warren,  but not as a lead for the Dead...  JMO.....................

I agree Dom.....Warren is a fantastic blues and ballad guitarist, but I don't feel he fits into the jam band style...jmo

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2359 on: Aug 12, 2011, 01:55 AM »
I agree Dom.....Warren is a fantastic blues and ballad guitarist, but I don't feel he fits into the jam band style...jmo
I wish that he would stop lowering himself to jam band...period ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

esox v

« Reply #2360 on: Aug 12, 2011, 08:21 AM »
I wish that he would stop lowering himself to jam band...period ! ;)
WELL... Govt mule is a jam band.... Warrens Mountain Jam festival is all jam bands ... The Allman Brothers are the ultimate Jam band... Warrens wife is a host on the best Jam channel on earth... Sirius/Xm's Jam On ... Maybe he knows something you guy's don't.... The Jam seen is where it's at ....

Time to put away the mullet and all  the Girlie clothes. :'( :'( ;D ;D

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2361 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:24 AM »
WELL... Govt mule is a jam band.... Warrens Mountain Jam festival is all jam bands ... The Allman Brothers are the ultimate Jam band... Warrens wife is a host on the best Jam channel on earth... Sirius/Xm's Jam On ... Maybe he knows something you guy's don't.... The Jam seen is where it's at ....

Time to put away the mullet and all  the Girlie clothes. :'( :'( ;D ;D
Yeah....OK  ::) ::) ::)
  The Allman Brothers are the founders of Southern Rock....PERIOD !      They jam but they're not a jam band !
  You don't see a bunch of filthy looking hoola hoop swinging, knotted hair, unshaven leg chics, giant ear hooped guys, pierced, overly tattooed, hands in pocket, Rasta hat wearing, barefooted, not knowing what planet they're on wannabe hippies at Allman Brothers shows.
  Once in a while, some do infiltrate the crowd but it doesn't mean the ABB is a jam band !
The younger generation may see them as one (yeah...I'm talking about you ;D) but you're off the mark here !
     Warren Haynes is a great guitarist with the Allman Brothers Band !
Gov't Mule didn't start out as a jam band but unfortunately, the wannabe hippies needed to attach themselves to some form of good music and the Mule was who they picked !    Haynes is no fool !
There's money in those hippies pockets !      Where it comes from is another question  :whistling: as most of them try to trade pretty pebbles that they pick up and flowers for a burger and a bottle of water at the shows  ::) ::)
   While we're on the topic of jam bands..........BORING !  ::) ::) ;D   
Plastics are Fantastic !

bcons

« Reply #2362 on: Aug 12, 2011, 09:30 AM »
 There's money in those hippies pockets !      Where it comes from is another question  :whistling: as most of them try to trade pretty pebbles that they pick up and flowers for a burger and a bottle of water at the shows   ::) ::)

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: Leave my sister outa this!
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

esox v

« Reply #2363 on: Aug 12, 2011, 10:34 AM »
  The Allman Brothers are the founders of Southern Rock....PERIOD !      They jam but they're not a jam band !
  You don't see a bunch of filthy looking hoola hoop swinging, knotted hair, unshaven leg chics, giant ear hooped guys, pierced, overly tattooed, hands in pocket, Rasta hat wearing, barefooted, not knowing what planet they're on wannabe hippies at Allman Brothers shows.
  Once in a while, some do infiltrate the crowd but it doesn't mean the ABB is a jam band !
The younger generation may see them as one (yeah...I'm talking about you ;D) but you're off the mark here !
     Warren Haynes is a great guitarist with the Allman Brothers Band !
Gov't Mule didn't start out as a jam band but unfortunately, the wannabe hippies needed to attach themselves to some form of good music and the Mule was who they picked !    Haynes is no fool !
There's money in those hippies pockets !      Where it comes from is another question  :whistling: as most of them try to trade pretty pebbles that they pick up and flowers for a burger and a bottle of water at the shows  ::) ::)
  Sorry to deflate that GIANT  head of yours that's stuck somewhere back in time.... The Allman Brothers are a Southern Rock Jam band.... They Fit in with jam bands... Ever catch the horde tour way back when ... Their own wannee music festival is ALL JAM BANDS !! Because... It's the jam band fans that been keeping them alive the last 10 years ... Funny... they get tons of air time on jam band channels.... they tour with jam bands ... the play at jam band music festivals all over the country... their own wannee music festival that they HEADLINE is mostly jam bands...  IF IT  LOOKS LIKE A SKUNK and SMELLS LIKE A SKUNK...... It's A SKUNK....
 Sorry to burst your bubble sweet pea........ QUIT DRINKING AND GO TO BED !!

esox v

« Reply #2364 on: Aug 12, 2011, 10:37 AM »
 And quit picking on BACONS sister !! Hes been behaving himself ..

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2365 on: Aug 12, 2011, 06:32 PM »
  Sorry to deflate that GIANT  head of yours that's stuck somewhere back in time.... The Allman Brothers are a Southern Rock Jam band.... They Fit in with jam bands... Ever catch the horde tour way back when ... Their own wannee music festival is ALL JAM BANDS !! Because... It's the jam band fans that been keeping them alive the last 10 years ... Funny... they get tons of air time on jam band channels.... they tour with jam bands ... the play at jam band music festivals all over the country... their own wannee music festival that they HEADLINE is mostly jam bands...  IF IT  LOOKS LIKE A SKUNK and SMELLS LIKE A SKUNK...... It's A SKUNK....
 Sorry to burst your bubble sweet pea........ QUIT DRINKING AND GO TO BED !!
Yeah....OK  ::) ::) :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

wnybassman

• The Real "No Good"
« Reply #2366 on: Aug 12, 2011, 06:41 PM »
Gov't Mule turns a 5 minute song into a 15 minute song very nicely live.  I like jam bands, as long as the jamming is cool     8)

KingPerch

“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

FISH ON

• IT'S ALL FUN & GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES A WALLEYE
No more Motorcycles! And no more boat.    

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2369 on: Aug 12, 2011, 08:11 PM »

Saw 3 shows with Warren singing lead for the Dead and after the second show all I could think of was Allman Bros or Govt Mule....    :P  
He is great at what he does...

Here is one I bet KP has jammed to..

&ob=av2e  
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.