FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ny fisherman love music too!  (Read 662980 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
Re: Ny fisherman love music too!
« Reply #2415 on: Aug 23, 2011, 11:58 PM »
Stuck in the past... Things have changed man... There are tons of great talented musicians out there.... just need to look around.... Few get radio air time.... It's why I don't listen to the radio anymore....Except  for the Bluemoon cafe from 9 to noon..

Just a breathe of fresh air every Sunday.......Some people go to church, ......Me I prefer to meet up with a good fishing partner, and listen to the 'Cafe' on the way to our destination. That is what hits home....right there. ;)

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2416 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:12 AM »
Just a breathe of fresh air every Sunday.......Some people go to church, ......Me I prefer to meet up with a good fishing partner, and listen to the 'Cafe' on the way to our destination. That is what hits home....right there. ;)
If I listen to the Cafe', my desintaion is the Lazy Boy or a shade tree  :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: :sleep1: ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2417 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:12 AM »
I despise AC/DC............and the best that came from Aerosmith was the album "Get your Wings" from the early 70's.  After that, they went mushy ::) ::)  Same goes for Journey.  After "Evolution" they got fluffy too  :-\ ::)

I doubt you listen to music more than I do................or have a more diverse collection  :whistling:
Go back to building stuff !    Something that you know about  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I know you are a musical fanatic Gamma. My query is, and always has been your lack of acceptance and/or enlightenment of different generes of music. No argument needed, as for once, I am positive  that I'm writing the truth. :P

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2418 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:21 AM »
I know you are a musical fanatic Gamma. My query is, and always has been your lack of acceptance and/or enlightenment of different generes of music. No argument needed, as for once, I am positive  that I'm writing the truth. :P
Earlier, I went to Hoopes Park in Auburn to see Stone Soul Foundation.   Since I got home, I've been listening to Harry James and Tommy Dorsey !     When this album is over, it's Duke Ellington !
    I love music that motivates.......not depressing, "turn yourself into a vegetable" elevator music ! ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2419 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:28 AM »
I never realized the music I listen to is "elevator" music? ...... Or that I am a vegetable? 
I've always considered myself (in hindsight) a fairly cultured man, with a coconut that holds average grey matter?  Then again..maybe I'm missing something. ???

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2420 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:40 AM »
That was a great jam tune Scott! :thumbup_smilie:

Anyone here a Mad Season fan? I'm sure Layne Staley wrote this regarding himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWFv5ZoVET8

Whoops...that tune was A perfect Circle. Here is the one I meant to share!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BTKwCTfMtQ

Notice the musicians and the bands they originated from! Scroll down a bit. The staple of my adolecence.

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2421 on: Aug 24, 2011, 08:56 AM »
I never realized the music I listen to is "elevator" music? ...... Or that I am a vegetable? 
I've always considered myself (in hindsight) a fairly cultured man, with a coconut that holds average grey matter?  Then again..maybe I'm missing something. ???

Uh....you were talking about the "Blue Moon Cafe".  It equals "elevator music"  ;)

You may have a coconut that holds the grey matter together but anyone who walks around with half a watermelon on their head could be considered a vegetable of sorts  ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #2422 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:14 PM »
Earlier, I went to Hoopes Park in Auburn to see Stone Soul Foundation.   Since I got home, I've been listening to Harry James and Tommy Dorsey !     When this album is over, it's Duke Ellington !
    I love music that motivates.......not depressing, "turn yourself into a vegetable" elevator music ! ;)

That's great, man!  I am very good friends with those guys.  Sean, Jeff, Dougie, Shane...

(and went to college with Dirty Dan- the former guitarist, now of "The DT's and Brown Baggers" fame)

Fun guys, and I have even had Sean fishing out on Peck's Lake after a Gloversville show.  He's the only dude I know who fishes in leather pants and jacket.  Cracks me up. 
"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2423 on: Aug 24, 2011, 01:30 PM »
That's great, man!  I am very good friends with those guys.  Sean, Jeff, Dougie, Shane...

(and went to college with Dirty Dan- the former guitarist, now of "The DT's and Brown Baggers" fame)

Fun guys, and I have even had Sean fishing out on Peck's Lake after a Gloversville show.  He's the only dude I know who fishes in leather pants and jacket.  Cracks me up. 
Jimmy.
    They're long time friends of mine as well and I'm one of their biggest supporters in the area !    Last nights show kicked it in the butt as usual !   
  Jeff and I are working with one of his buddies in Auburn to get a guitar shop open.   I'm going to consign several guitars, amps and other related gear to help fill the shop with quality used equipment !   I might even end up working there

I'll let you in on a little known secret !     A few weeks ago when Shane was flying back from New Orleans, he was sitting next to some guy who is a producer/scout for several reality shows.  Well, after a few hours of exchanging backgrounds and current status, the guy asks Shane if he'd like to be on a reality show that's all about noodling catfish in Oklahoma !    I believe it's calls Hillbilly Catfishing !      Anyway, Shane and Sean are flying down to Oklahoma next week for 5 days to film this show !    This could end up being the funniest thing on TV since All in the Family !
  They took a look at Seans dredlocks and said !   He's our man !
  I'll have more info soon !   It's gonna be a riot !

Back to SSF !   It's a shame Dan left the band but he spent years in school and a career is what he needed !    Best of luck to him and his new ventures !   Hopefully, he'll sit in with the guys when he's around !

They're having a huge SSF private party on Sept 17th in Auburn !    You should come down and have some fun !    I'm sure an email or phone call will get you an invite !    It'll be wild !!

Good to see someone else who knows these guys and the music they play !    They're gonna make it !  ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

Jimmy

• "Fish Till Ya' Puke"
« Reply #2424 on: Aug 24, 2011, 02:24 PM »
Jeff builds custom amps or something too, right?

I even remember him from his past band (with Dan).  "Shepard", maybe?

I have had some very fun times at SSF practice in Shane's garage/studio out back.  Always.  I don't see the guys too much anymore, but Muldoon's Facebook status's keep me entertained.

I can't wait to see that dreadlocked ginger noodling flatheads...  That's a hilarious image.

What a great guy though.  Always pleasant, always funny.

I like to pick on Shane sometimes.  He sure loves his U2 (as do I), but I've never seen ANYONE hate the Grateful Dead as much as he does.  Something about having two dummers in a band, I think?

But (ironically) they can rip some great Allman Bros (two dummers, go figure) and Zep covers, on top of some truly impressive originals.

If you like "roots" country and drinking songs, you should check out the DT's at Suzy's or something sometime.  Tyson is quite a singer and those guys get the bar rocking pretty good.  I am due for a trip to Montezuma at some point, perhaps we will cross paths!  Tell the boys Jimmy says hello.  They know all about my fishing addiction.

"Once in awhile you get shown the light...  In the strangest of places if you look at it right..."    -J. Garcia

Gamma Fish

« Reply #2426 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Jeff builds custom amps or something too, right?
Jeff does some repairs and light tech stuff but he's endorsed and uses
"Voodoo Amp".  They're a company that take Marshall Amps and turns them into fire breathing tone monsters !   Jeffs guitar tone is the best around right now !   His playing has a lot to do with it ;)

I even remember him from his past band (with Dan).  "Shepard", maybe?Yup !

I have had some very fun times at SSF practice in Shane's garage/studio out back.  Always.  I don't see the guys too much anymore, but Muldoon's Facebook status's keep me entertained.
The Dreadlocked Philosopher ! ;D ;D:^)
I can't wait to see that dreadlocked ginger noodling flatheads...  That's a hilarious image.

What a great guy though.  Always pleasant, always funny.An understatement for sure !    That;s why those guys will make it !    They all have a great attitude, they work hard and do whatever is necessary to move to the next level and they've stuck to their game plan !

I like to pick on Shane sometimes.  He sure loves his U2 (as do I), but I've never seen ANYONE hate the Grateful Dead as much as he does.  Something about having two drummers in a band, I think? I despise U2 and can only tolerate the Dead on every third Sunday ! :^)  

But (ironically) they can rip some great Allman Bros (two drummers, go figure) and Zep covers, on top of some truly impressive originals.
Which they did last night towards the end of the show.   The did Zeppelins What is and should never be, followed by the Allman Brothers Band "Whipping Post" (which they do so well that you'd think it's the ABB playing it) and then finished off the night with Metallica's "Whiplash"
  They definitely made a ton of new fans last night !   Many who would never have gone to a bar to see them !   They will now !

If you like "roots" country and drinking songs, David Allen Coe is in the regular rotation here ! :^) ...you should check out the DT's at Suzy's or something sometime.  Definitely will !   I heard they're a great act !Tyson is quite a singer and those guys get the bar rocking pretty good.  I am due for a trip to Montezuma at some point, perhaps we will cross paths!  Tell the boys Jimmy says hello.  They know all about my fishing addiction.Definitely let me know when you're heading to Swamp country !  I can be there in 35 minutes !     SSF is playing a benefit show at Suzy's on Saturday !  Naturally, I have to go ! :^)   I'll give the guys your message when I see them there !   Looking forward to meeting you !

OK...here's the link to the show they'll be featured in !   It's called "Hillbilly Handfishin"
  I hope they know what they've gotten themselves into !   :o ;D  They're leaving next Tuesday morning !    I might have to tag along on this ride !  ;D

http://animal.discovery.com/tv/hillbilly-handfishin/
Plastics are Fantastic !

esox v

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #2428 on: Aug 24, 2011, 11:15 PM »
 We know Joe here !! we were tearing him up last winter !! He's AWESOME !! Even the whiny little music snob will like him !!!

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #2429 on: Aug 25, 2011, 01:17 PM »
I apologize.  One too many shots of jameson and I think I'm king of the world.
hurry up and erase it... If Gamma sees it he will think your talking about him.... and his head is FAT enough !! It gets any bigger he will become a shut in  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TVTNl2C2iw

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.