FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Twin Lakes Report (near Winfield) Early August  (Read 1355 times)

Koffee Kat

Twin Lakes Report (near Winfield) Early August
« on: Aug 04, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Camped out at Twin lakes near Winfield for August Long & did a wee bit of fishing.  I didn't bring my canoe, which was ok case the weather was poor - rain & lot of wind.  I'd like to say the fishing was good, but it wasn't for me.  I caught zip.  The two docks were pretty crowded all day & most of the nights (one at the boat launch & the scuba dock) with at least 4 people on at all times.  Saw 2 youger kids hook up with pike, though too small to keep.  Nobody was catching more than one at a time.  If I could make recommendations about this lake it would be to boat across the lake to the other side & fish the drop off - too much pressure on the camp side, or get some live bait into the water.  Regular spoons & whatnot did not seem to be fooling the pike in these waters.  According to the scuba club members there are some bigs ones in here, people just have a hard time catching them.  I liked the camp ground - just way too busy for a long weekend, noise, noise, noise, well past 11 pm every night.  If you want a quiet site, head left on the way into the camp.  If you want real nice sites overlooking the lake, check out #32 & #39 - they're bootyfull!  I got stuck in a site about the size of a postage stamp though  :P!  Regulars say it's quiet most regular weekends.  PS - FREE FIRE WOOD!  That's about it for now...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.