FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Overdue report  (Read 1461 times)

stripernut

Overdue report
« on: Jun 04, 2019, 08:53 AM »
The past month I was out straight and with the weather and getting ready for our trip to CO I got no real fishing in... When we got to CO the rivers were blown out and running like milkshakes so my favorite type of fishing was out. That left a lot of great ponds and lakes... Lots of nice fish, mostly rainbows a few brookies and one cutthroat. I did not take many fish pics as my son and I rarely fished right next to each other and most of the fish were under 18". When I got back the rivers here had finally come down and I made it out last Tuesday 5/28 (I had planned offshore, but the weather did not cooperate) and hit the Millers with my fly rod and cleaned up in the C&R section with 14 trout to 18". I then ran over to the Conn. River and got 6 shad on light spinning gear until the downpour got to me...

This past Sunday Will (Baitbucket), my father and I took the boat down to Gloucester and whaled on the Winter Flounder, landing well over the legal limit. We were keeping only fish over 15" and cleaning 19 for the table. We did have some fun with a few schoolies to round out the day...

Here are a few not so great pics;

My Son at a Res. in the "Hills".

Fat one from the Millers River

And we started cleaning fish!

westernmas

Re: Overdue report
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04, 2019, 12:23 PM »
Great report!  Sounds like a fun time all around.  Is the access to the Millers pretty identifiable or more a bushwhacking type adventure?  Its on my list of places that I need to get to with the fly rod.  Care to share what type of flies were successful?  PM me if you prefer.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04, 2019, 01:02 PM »
Nice. I finally got a chance to put some black backs in the cooler as well. Great job guys
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2019, 03:55 PM »
Great report!  Sounds like a fun time all around.  Is the access to the Millers pretty identifiable or more a bushwhacking type adventure?  Its on my list of places that I need to get to with the fly rod.  Care to share what type of flies were successful?  PM me if you prefer.

Lots of great spots along the Millers to fish without bushwacking, but you do need wades in many spots. I started with an Olive Conehead woolly bugger and got the most fish on that... As is often the case, it was all about the dead drift...

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2019, 08:44 AM »
Wicked cool Allan.  I absolutely love it out there.  Dead drift buggers is a great game.  Ive been euro nymphing them and its a really good time!

Baitbucket

« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Great time as always! Was nice to get out on the salt again. Always fun with you and your dad. We cant let him get the big one anymore tho lol.

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: Jun 05, 2019, 04:36 PM »
That was his best trip yet and we need to let him do well sometimes!

Baitbucket

« Reply #7 on: Jun 05, 2019, 05:52 PM »
That was his best trip yet and we need to let him do well sometimes!

He was fishing two rods at one point. Couldnt keep one in the water lol

stripernut

« Reply #8 on: Jun 05, 2019, 08:28 PM »
I always appreciate all your help keeping the "old man" happy! Now if we could get him up before 5 am...

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2019, 12:05 AM »
Good job Alan and Wil

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #10 on: Jun 10, 2019, 09:50 AM »
Nice work guys!
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum