FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: In the Jungle  (Read 1751 times)

bogtrotter

In the Jungle
« on: Jun 16, 2019, 03:53 PM »
 I fished a 1/2 mile stretch of a section of he South Hoosic in Cheshire,, called "the Jungle," from 11:45 AM to 1:45 PM today.

It was raining steadily and 64 degrees. Fortunately, the rain did not raise the stream levels too much.

Although I lost a few (including a big one that snapped my line), I ended up catching an 8" brown, a 10" brookie and eight rainbows (ranging from 10" to 17").

manitron

Re: In the Jungle
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2019, 06:02 PM »
Good day for fishing. Betcha it was buggy in the jungle like it was when I fished it in my youth.

bogtrotter

« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2019, 08:13 PM »
Good day for fishing. Betcha it was buggy in the jungle like it was when I fished it in my youth.

Actually, not that bad, bug wise.

There were a couple skeeters buzzing around me early on, but I was covered up pretty well between my chest waders, a poncho, a sweat  shirt jacket and a cowboy hat (to keep the drizzle off); and then later, when the rain picked up, the bugs seemed to dissipate.

lowaccord66

« Reply #3 on: Jun 17, 2019, 05:54 AM »
Nice to read you went in there!  Wonder if the culprit was a large brown? 

bogtrotter

« Reply #4 on: Jun 17, 2019, 07:15 AM »
Nice to read you went in there!  Wonder if the culprit was a large brown?

I only caught a glimpse of it, but I think it was a bow.

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Jun 17, 2019, 07:27 AM »
Ah.  In some respects I like breaking fish off.  It gives you a reason to go back.  I've been fishing 5.7lb 5x and Saturday I turned a fish only to have the surgeon knot break...it was heavy!

manitron

« Reply #6 on: Jun 17, 2019, 02:30 PM »
Ah.  In some respects I like breaking fish off.  It gives you a reason to go back.  I've been fishing 5.7lb 5x and Saturday I turned a fish only to have the surgeon knot break...it was heavy!

I agree in principle Jon but it still stings at the initial recognition of loss. I lost a nice one shore fishing yesterday that shook off my hook when it leaped out of the water. I am looking forward to a return match. Besides, it would cease to be as fun if you landed every one every time.

lowaccord66

« Reply #7 on: Jun 17, 2019, 03:00 PM »
I agree in principle Jon but it still stings at the initial recognition of loss. I lost a nice one shore fishing yesterday that shook off my hook when it leaped out of the water. I am looking forward to a return match. Besides, it would cease to be as fun if you landed every one every time.

I've grown to love that sting.

CMD1987

« Reply #8 on: Jun 17, 2019, 08:46 PM »
I've grown to love that sting.

Nah. Sucks every time. Lol

lowaccord66

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18, 2019, 10:07 AM »
See long rod thread...pay back is a you know what!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.