FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bassin yet?  (Read 2320 times)

big big rdg

Bassin yet?
« on: Apr 14, 2005, 07:44 PM »
Has anybody been out bass fishing much. I've been goin everyweekend for the last few weeks and only caught a few small bass and like 10 pickeral. I have only been shore fishing too b/c my boat has been in NH. When does the bass fishing usually pick up? Thanks
FSHON!

Fisher Christy

Re: Bassin yet?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2005, 08:59 PM »
I'm gonna say as soon as they start spawning and feeding on everything. It will probably start to get better when it warms up too. They are still a bit slow.

EscapeIsNever

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2005, 09:02 PM »
was fishing for white perch today at wachusett and my buddy got a small smallie.  we could believe it!  ;D
"And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky.
A human being that was given to fly."
-Pearl Jam, Given to Fly

Don't be a Goatboy....eh hem, PJ!

Brian

big big rdg

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Thats sweet i wanna go to the wachusett res. there are tons of big fish in there but its tuff for me to get there living on the northshore.
FSHON!

G.Horne

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2005, 05:14 AM »
The Cape has been producing a lot of bass.  We fished the Freedom tourney last week at Wequaquet and it took 25+lbs to win. Also some of the smaller ponds on the Cape and Plymouth area have been giving up some nice bass.

Fisher Boles

« Reply #5 on: Apr 15, 2005, 11:43 AM »
Hey rdg, me and christy might hit up Red's tomorrow. Lemme know if your interested.

troutfinder22

• Catchin theese fish like its goin out of style
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Fished assabet river today an last night,  Got a couple nice bass on rubber worms,  but they really started hitting well when I bought some shiners got around 10 bass this morning and 6 pickeral

The Big Pickerel

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2005, 07:01 AM »
i have been fishing Hampton Ponds in westfield.  I've caught about 10 small bass per day using a blue/silver rattle trap.  By small i mean in the 9-14 inch range.  They are still fun.  Work the rattle trap steadily at a good clip just over the weeds.  cover lots of water.  I tried other colors and an assortment of other lures, but the blue/silver/white rattle performed the best by far.
The Big Pickerel

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.