FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Van Staal ..??  (Read 3742 times)

amazinmoose

Van Staal ..??
« on: Apr 16, 2005, 10:36 AM »
has anybody heard of them!? is their gear any good??  thx in advanced -moose    tight lines

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: Van Staal ..??
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2005, 11:50 AM »
AM i just replied to same ? in conn. forum...big bux great reels
Scotty 

amazinmoose

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2005, 02:31 PM »
yes..yes you did, i just posted in a few spots, trying to get an idear of what folks think of the gear.. i have been given some of the van staal gear as a gift and was woundering how it is, im new to fly fishing..   thaks for the info :-) 

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2005, 06:20 PM »
sorry not a fly fisherman   :-\  but as far as their spinning reels they have an excellent reputation. and holds its value well too there are used ones going for almost new prices
Scotty 

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2005, 03:35 AM »
You are talking about the "Roles Royce" of fishing reels.........spinning or fly fishing reel. The bottom of the line models go for $500 + each!!!!!!!!!! Nice gift!!!!!!!!

amazinmoose

« Reply #5 on: Apr 17, 2005, 09:17 PM »
i have a FR35 Spakenburg fly reel, any idear of its value?? or age??  i also have a pair of pliars..  tight lines, moose

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2005, 07:42 AM »
The Pliers them selves go for over $150+!!!! The fly reel new goes for $550 - $600.
Even used they hold their value.........like $400 USED. You got a sweet deal......
You can send these reels back to the manufacturer once a year for a free tune-up(Zebco believe it or not just bought the Van Staal company and name). They will fix anything broken or worn. Van Staal owners of the past are not happy about the merger.........Cabelas sells them....look at the PRICE. Also go to Van Staal.com good story there.
Guard this reel and lock it up.......it really is a thing of beauty and VERY valuable. But USE it...they are robust and carry a lifetime warranty.

amazinmoose

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:06 AM »
Thanks for the info mugz...i will be using them, i cant wait to use the reel at the resi! ill have to get my pistol permit inorder to fish with this gear  ;D   and yes Zebco did buy htem out, my uncle works for them and thats how i get the gear, the people in charge just hand it off to him for patriots tickets that i have its a good deal  :-) moose 

Mugz

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Sweet deal........if you get any more hand-me-downs, throw one my way.  ;D
The reels definitley stand out in performance and looks. I have only had the luxury of seeing what one feels like at the store, but have never actually fished with one. Someday when I hit the lotto I'll buy one.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.