FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone using LL Bean rods?  (Read 2479 times)

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
Anyone using LL Bean rods?
« on: Apr 18, 2004, 02:04 PM »
I picked up a LL Bean 5 wt. at the sportsman show held this past weekend for $30.  Seems like a nice rig that my wife can use for stream fishing Grayling.  My question is, has anyone used these rods, and are they worth the money?  I know LL Bean is a good company for outerware, but flyrods????  ANy suggestions on a reel that may be a mid level priced model that would balance this rod out?  Thanks!  Barleydog

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
Re: Anyone using LL Bean rods?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2004, 06:00 PM »
I have an LL Bean fly rod - they are real nice.  Any single action reel would work - no drag needed for grayling - although I'm sure you know that  :)  I would suggest a pflueger model 1492.
Also, if at any time you are dissatisfied, or the rod breaks, you can get a refund or replacement directly from LL Bean.  I had a pair of gore-tex gloves that the stiching pulled out(after four years) and LL Bean not only replaced them, but they gave me the difference when the new gloves were less than the original ones.   
Fishercat
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

Bartman44

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2004, 06:39 PM »
I have a 9ft 5wt that I bought a number of years ago up in Freeport. I use it for nymphing mostly. Works fine. And like Fishercat said, they back up their products.

Barleydog

• Wishin' I was a fishin'
« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2004, 01:12 PM »
Thanks guys!  I put an S.Anglers reel on it and it casts like a champ.   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.