FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: carpfishing  (Read 6316 times)

davejohnson2

Re: carpfishing
« Reply #15 on: Jun 02, 2015, 04:00 PM »
Susquehanna river is nothing but carp...

UglyStik

« Reply #16 on: Jun 02, 2015, 05:17 PM »
Got this today @ the Causeway on Otisco Lake. It took 25 minutes on 6# test, spooled me about 3 times. I was fishing with a small jighead & minnow combo. I had something earlier that broke off, thinking that was also a carp too.

fishslayer730

« Reply #17 on: Jun 02, 2015, 07:37 PM »
If you think they are fun to shoot, give fishing for the a shot, 10x more fun, a lot more difficult, and you don't have to deal with bloody carcasses.

I do go after them with rod n reel.

just haven't this yr yet

mcully

« Reply #18 on: Jun 03, 2015, 06:14 AM »
Anyone ever fish the finger lakes for them? I tried to catch one on Skaneateles a few years ago when we rented a house for a week and I could not get a bite. Chummed them in good with cans of corn but not a touch. Tried a single kernel of corn with small hook and 2 lb fluoro and all of the corn would be gone except my one piece. Couldn't believe how selective they were or how big some were.

big_guy_13021

« Reply #19 on: Jun 03, 2015, 06:43 AM »
They could see your hook..they are a challenge on that lake..your gonna laugh at my trick but it works ...fill your hook with corn..use fluffanutter...all around corn and hook..even put some on your line above your hook..it works. I live 12 minutes from there i fish there alot and there are some huge carp in there...i use 6lb line pline

youngster

• Just Do IT
« Reply #20 on: Jun 08, 2015, 02:42 PM »
        his first carp!!!!!!! on his wally world pole.  you think he,s hooked  I guess I made pic to small wasn't sure what I was doing .

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #21 on: Jun 08, 2015, 03:03 PM »
        his first carp!!!!!!! on his wally world pole.  you think he,s hooked  I guess I made pic to small wasn't sure what I was doing .

one real great photo[your doing better then i did with the photos it took me YEARS to learn how
thanks for sharing
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

youngster

• Just Do IT
« Reply #22 on: Jun 08, 2015, 03:08 PM »
lol   thanks .yes he was pretty excited .. he even had an audience of yakers and canoeist cheering him on. he felt pretty good when he posed for pic...

rp dog

« Reply #23 on: Jun 08, 2015, 03:38 PM »

Got to love the smile !!!!

Rp

big_guy_13021

« Reply #24 on: Jun 09, 2015, 09:57 PM »
Thats one happy fisherman rite there.hes hooked now. :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: :clapping:

big_guy_13021

« Reply #25 on: Jun 09, 2015, 10:00 PM »
Nice one ugly stick :thumbup_smilie:

mcully

« Reply #26 on: Jun 10, 2015, 06:18 AM »
They could see your hook..they are a challenge on that lake..your gonna laugh at my trick but it works ...fill your hook with corn..use fluffanutter...all around corn and hook..even put some on your line above your hook..it works. I live 12 minutes from there i fish there alot and there are some huge carp in there...i use 6lb line pline
I'll give it a try. I'm on the boat weekly on the lake but renting a house the first week of July where I'll give this a shot. I was using 2 pound fluoro and a hook totally covered in a kernel. It was nuts not getting bit.

Yachtzy

« Reply #27 on: Jun 10, 2015, 02:20 PM »
  You would catch me with fluff on a hook, that stuff is good! :D

On a serious note, my buddy swears by Dunkin Donut jelly munchkins squished over the whole hook, they hold to the hook better than bread.

stannard2

« Reply #28 on: Jun 11, 2015, 09:27 PM »

fontona19

« Reply #29 on: Jun 12, 2015, 11:20 AM »
I bet that fought well. Nice fish stannard2!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.