FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PB yellowfin  (Read 2498 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: PB yellowfin
« Reply #15 on: Jul 27, 2023, 09:22 PM »
Thanks everyone. It's a great feeling catching a fish of this caliber. Plus, ive been eating tuna for 5 days now. Hahaha
Wicked Wec

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2023, 08:29 AM »
Does you boat have a tuna door or did you just horse that thing over the rail? I can't even imagine the logistics of dealing with a fish that size.

zwiggles

« Reply #17 on: Jul 28, 2023, 10:47 AM »
Nicely done sharps!

lowaccord66

« Reply #18 on: Jul 28, 2023, 12:06 PM »
Does you boat have a tuna door or did you just horse that thing over the rail? I can't even imagine the logistics of dealing with a fish that size.

Mike that's a friends boat correct?  I can make it to block canyon safely if its flat and I top off in montauk or bring a bladder.

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Jul 28, 2023, 12:38 PM »

Wow Tuna door?! Ya learn something new every day.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2023, 08:30 PM »

This is a buddys boat. He has a tuna door but we double up on the gaff and just haul it over the side. Really, there's no need to use a tuna door until you're getting to 200lbs.
Wicked Wec

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #21 on: Jul 29, 2023, 08:31 PM »
Mike that's a friends boat correct?  I can make it to block canyon safely if its flat and I top off in montauk or bring a bladder.

Yes. But im taking my boat out Monday just not as far.
Wicked Wec

stripernut

« Reply #22 on: Jul 30, 2023, 07:47 AM »
Best of luck!

lowaccord66

« Reply #23 on: Jul 30, 2023, 08:01 AM »
Wow Tuna door?! Ya learn something new every day.

Ya for meat you cant haul over the rail.  I have one too.  Reminds me I need to replace the latch.  Door likes to pop open when its lumpy.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #24 on: Jul 31, 2023, 06:28 AM »
Ya for meat you cant haul over the rail.  I have one too.  Reminds me I need to replace the latch.  Door likes to pop open when its lumpy.

Not sure if I am reading this incorrectly. Why can't you haul over the rail? I do it all the time. Gaff to the head and gently haul over the side. Immediately spike, bleed, gut, ice. Did this with 40lb yellowfin to a 400lb porbeagle.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #25 on: Jul 31, 2023, 11:38 AM »
Not sure if I am reading this incorrectly. Why can't you haul over the rail? I do it all the time. Gaff to the head and gently haul over the side. Immediately spike, bleed, gut, ice. Did this with 40lb yellowfin to a 400lb porbeagle.

Well if we are going to pick my comment apart I'll ask you to re-read my first sentence.  (For meat you cant haul over the rail)

40lb yellowfin is obvious a rail job, 400lb shark more power to ya.  Try a nice fiesty blue shark next Mike.  Lemme know how you do!   :P

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #26 on: Jul 31, 2023, 12:01 PM »
Well if we are going to pick my comment apart I'll ask you to re-read my first sentence.  (For meat you cant haul over the rail)

40lb yellowfin is obvious a rail job, 400lb shark more power to ya.  Try a nice fiesty blue shark next Mike.  Lemme know how you do!   :P

Who targets blue sharks? 😆 🤣 😂
I get it. People smash tuna, take pictures and drop them. Good bye great texture and flavor. It all matters and it starts on the boat.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #27 on: Jul 31, 2023, 08:07 PM »
I like a good blue encounter minus my bass being chomped in half.  Good luck tomorrow.

stripernut

« Reply #28 on: Aug 01, 2023, 01:39 PM »
Hey, Blue Sharks are fun on the fly rod! Makos and tuna are not always around...

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #29 on: Aug 02, 2023, 01:56 PM »
Ha! Speaking of sharks. Nailed a 8' mako along with a yellow. Too bad he had to go back. Ill find him again next year and make him a home in my freezer. If mako opens back up that is.

Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.