FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Scored in the Final Innings  (Read 748 times)

bogtrotter

Scored in the Final Innings
« on: Jul 29, 2023, 05:34 PM »
I fished the South Hoosic today from 9 AM to 1 PM.

Despite ideal stream conditions (with stream levels having finally receded to what I consider "normal" after unusually rainy weather the past few weeks), I didn't have any action at all until noon, and the caught four browns during the last hour.

The day was mostly cloudy and pleasantly warm (75 to 80 degrees).

After parking by Mullen Mayflower, I wet waded (in swim trunks, t-shirt and kroks) to ALADCO without a single strike,

On the way back to my car, I revisited the top four our five holes that I'd tried before, and this time I caught a 13" brown underneath the Burnett Bednarz bridge a little after 12 noon.

Once back to my car, I drove upstream to Cheshire Harbor, where I fished below the dam, and ended up landing three more browns (one 9", one 10" and one 13") in about a half hour.

After returning home for a quick drink, I headed to North Adams, and started fishing the North Hoosic.

I started by the entrance to the Natural Marble Bridge State Park about 1:30 PM, and noticed that the entire left hand side of the dam (as you face upstream) has been washed off its foundation and into the streambed below.

Once again, I had absolutely no strikes whatsoever either below the entrance to the Park, nor when I made my way downstream from the "sand bar island" past Old Glory Rock, or even immediately below the Eclipse Mill dam.

It was only when I went even further, while fishing the final run before the river enters the flood control chutes, that I hooked into a fish around 3 PM,

From the way it fought, I thought it was going to be huge, but when I finally landed it, it turned out to be "just" a 15" rainbow.  LOL

lowaccord66

Re: Scored in the Final Innings
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2023, 06:23 PM »
Thats a nice run Jim. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.