FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: My Dance Card Was Supposed to be Full Today, but . . .  (Read 904 times)

bogtrotter

an opening came up when one of my other commitments was cancelled, so I was able to go fishing this afternoon after all.

I fished the "Jungle" section of the South Hoosic in Cheshire from 1 to 2:30 PM.

The weather was mostly sunny and pleasantly warm (75 degrees) and the streams levels about average.

I caught two decent (9" and 10") brookies, about where South Brook enters the South Branch, and a half dozen similar sized dace.

Unfortunately, the larger brookie was injured - - I tried letting it go, but it ended floating belly up, so I ended up retrieving it and keeping it for dinner.

Yesterday, a buddy of mine gave me some arugular from his garden - - which I'd never had before, 

He said it was pretty "astringent" (his words - - although having tried a piece raw, I'd have to agree) and that frying it would tone it down, so that's what I did tonight when I had it as the side dish to my brook trout, along with a salad and a glass of dandelion wine.

lowaccord66

Re: My Dance Card Was Supposed to be Full Today, but . . .
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2023, 06:58 AM »
Always nice when that happens.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.