FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sylvan Lake Rome City  (Read 1638 times)

1eyechaser

Sylvan Lake Rome City
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:05 PM »
Anyone have any intel on the eye fishing that your willing to share? PMs are welcome :)

tater140

Re: Sylvan Lake Rome City
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 12:54 PM »
i caught some there this spring.  They were in shallow along the seawalls.  We caught some before and after dark up until about 10:00.  We were casting small shallow running rapala's.  My cousin caught 3 a week ago bass fishing.  I think he caught those on a rubber worm.  I'm not sure if he was fishing shallow or deep.  He did say only one was legal.  Keep in mind the new 16" size limit.  I'm not exactly sure when it comes into affect (this summer sometime), I just know it passed.

DanO2013

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 08:45 AM »
while crappie fishing we caught many very small eyes there, but i know of a few guys that do well there along the sea walls...we tried, and saw some descent ones but we never got any ourselves of adequate size...while we were out a dnr fella trolled up to us at night on the middle of the lake in dead silence and no lights on his boat, to take a survey if we were for or against increasing the eye size limit to 16"...politely asked him to anounce himself next time lol as he scared the s%i* out of us

tightliner812

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 10:27 AM »
Anyone have any intel on the eye fishing that your willing to share? PMs are welcome :)

Pm sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.