FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: am I getting old?!  (Read 6313 times)

dadiddy2304

Re: am I getting old?!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 29, 2013, 09:26 AM »
yeah the homemade route is where its at.  there is no middle class, anymore -- its rich, less poor and poor....  everything it outsourced so its cheaper to make, even if its made here in the u.s.a. most of the materials are shipped from across seas....  $80,000 for a bass boat is crazy.  just like the side by side a.t.v's -- some of the top models are $25,000..... you can buy a brand new car for the price of your off road "toy"  t.v.s are getting cheapere, though -- i remember when a 42" plasma t.v. was $10,000 -- now they have them for dirt cheap -- and you can get an l.e.d. 75" for a grand...

Ice Dawg

« Reply #31 on: Mar 30, 2013, 10:49 AM »
One of the local stores had Shadraps on sale for $4.99 yesterday. I use SR9 deep divers a lot so I grabbed ten of them. They are $6.99 at Cabela's.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

mr tip up

« Reply #32 on: Mar 30, 2013, 05:32 PM »
its all about greed  I just bought some strike king lures from tackleware house they were the king shad nomal price 20.00$  got them for 7.00$ that's 13$ off and they are still making money  I bet it doesnot  cost them more than a dollar to make  they should then sell it for  4$  not 20$   there is one way to stop the high prices if nobody buys them then the price will go down              but that will never happen and they no that
a bad day of fishing is better then a good day of work

canoeist

« Reply #33 on: Mar 31, 2013, 09:59 AM »
I like big wooden American made lures: Afterhours, RM Smith, Stripermaineiac, etc etc many other great plug makers out there ... $20/$30 bucks a pop.

Worth every penny, as expensive or as cheap as you want to make it. Redfins for $5 or $7 just as good. Not rich by any means, probably why I don't own a boat.  :D

beeverfishingscatch

• "One old Fisherman's catch of a lifetime"
« Reply #34 on: Apr 03, 2013, 08:02 PM »
That wouldnt surprise me one bit actually....
No, just remember when they were $5 a pop, and kind of expected them to hover around the same price -- not almost double with no end in sight...

i wonder what the costs would be to start making my own.....  eventually thats what im gonna have to do anyway at this rate with the inflation...

on IS some guys were making some pretty good lookin jigs...i think it would b cool to make them and catch something on what i made...more satisfaction that way....lol
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>   HERE FISHY FISHY FISHY

chris458wm

« Reply #35 on: Apr 11, 2013, 02:44 PM »
I agree and will add the prices of hip boots and waders are crazy.  I remember getting a pair of good insulated waders for around $40 but those days are long gone.  Then again I also remember when I could get a pair of size 14 waders in just about any store, now a days you have to order them if you're lucky enough to find them.

filetandrelease

« Reply #36 on: Apr 12, 2013, 08:18 AM »

no different now then back in the day my dad use to complain about prices back then, lol ,dollar bill was worth more back then so it went farther ,and we still made stuff here,  but I'm a little senile and could be looking at it a little different

black55

« Reply #37 on: Apr 13, 2013, 11:29 PM »
I make my own jigs and after buying hooks,7 or 10 def colors of paint, thinner, clear sealer(Don't buy the cheap stuff ) plus the time u have in them ,they really arn't that much cheaper. But they do seem to catch more fish . I do make alittle back by selling some . My jig sizes are 1/32 ,1/16. 1/8 ,3/16 ,1/4 i get 1.50 to 2.00 each. Plus  i forgot the mold (40.00) plus shipping.
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

black55

« Reply #38 on: Apr 14, 2013, 12:17 AM »
Here are some appox prices for componites                                      mold 40.00  .paint and sealer (1 oz)4.50 , hooks 10.00/100              thinner 4 oz for 12.00
I live in the great state of Dazed and Confused !

Ice Dawg

« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2013, 03:15 PM »
The way to get the price of $80,000 boats to come down is to keep a boat for more than a few years. The price doesn't keep going up if the aren't selling. I kept the boat previous to the one I have now for 13 years and this one is 7 years old already. I know people who buy a new one every few years because the graphics and interior colors change.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

royjulius

• Bluegills and Shorelunch!
« Reply #40 on: Apr 18, 2013, 07:47 AM »
My boat is almost 14 years old and I plan to keep it a lot longer because it's paid for.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

dadiddy2304

« Reply #41 on: Apr 19, 2013, 12:35 AM »
haha I hear ya.  Mine is 26 years old.  just put a new motor on her so shes good for another 26.  not ONE rivet leaks.  I love that old beast.....

icebum

« Reply #42 on: Apr 21, 2013, 09:24 AM »
The greed of corporate America is hoooorible! All the bigwigs running these company's are making way too much money. It shows when they ship the manufacturing jobs oversees and screw their own country's economy for their own profits. I try to purchase items made in the U.S.A. as much as I can. :flag: :flag: :flag:
We are all here because we are not all there!

SeisMec

« Reply #43 on: Apr 21, 2013, 09:12 PM »
The greed of corporate America is hoooorible! All the bigwigs running these company's are making way too much money. It shows when they ship the manufacturing jobs oversees and screw their own country's economy for their own profits. I try to purchase items made in the U.S.A. as much as I can. :flag: :flag: :flag:

X2 but it is getting harder every year. Generally USA made produces cost more because manufacturers costs are higher because of inflation and wages; if they have full time employees Obamacare hits them hard. So a lot of the US manufacturers are either closing or going foreigner made.

My boat is almost 14 years old and I plan to keep it a lot longer because it's paid for.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

I have a 87 17' Lund Sportsman and have no plans to trade up soon for the very same reasons.

bigfoot697

« Reply #44 on: Apr 22, 2013, 09:18 AM »
as soon as you are conceived,you are getting older!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.