FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Big Chapman lake Warsaw,In.  (Read 1757 times)

1eyechaser

Big Chapman lake Warsaw,In.
« on: May 21, 2022, 01:03 PM »
Going here the end of June on vacation, never been here before looking for a few tips. Will have my grandson along any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Teacherpreacher

Re: Big Chapman lake Warsaw,In.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 07:13 AM »
Use to fish it years ago.
 Held good fish, gills, redears, and crappies.
At boat ramp in SE corner, straight out in the pencil reeds, redears spawned all through the reeds. Did well on crappies on  Little Chapman. That's all I've got? Good luck!
Teach

Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2022, 10:18 AM »
I believe at one time a state record crappie came out of Big Chapman.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Daybreak

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2022, 11:36 AM »
I did a search on here and it looks like there were 4 other requests for information on the lake and no responses.  I suspect it is a good fishery like a lot of the lakes in the area.  Hope you get on a good pattern.
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

gilldan

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 08:22 PM »
Taxid, you are right.  I can't remember the exact wgt. but it went 4 lbs. and 13 oz???.  What was kind neat about it was the couple had just purchased a brand new boat and motor at Chapman Lake Marina and it was their first trip out in it and the lady caught the crappie.  I just happened to be in the marina two days after it happened and there was a pic of the lady and the fish.   Answer to the question.  You will do better on Little chapman as there are no speed boats.   Little chapman has good gills, red ears, and crappie.   You can catch them on Big Chapman also but you just have to put up with the boat traffic.  Fish mostly the sand bar on the west end.  Big Chapman is good for pike and perch.  Good luck.  I don't' go there as much as I used too do to limited parking at the boat ramp.

tsdpurdue

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 09:29 AM »
Here is survey results from a survey we completed in 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.