FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bored!!  (Read 32978 times)

flockshot

• the official "shirt" of MIRC
Re: Bored!!
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 03:39 PM »
you better stop..the fair weather fisherman from other states will learn that floating a bobber under the hot summer sun isnt always the most productive time to fish...SSSHHHHH ;)
team MI!!! MIRC CHAPTER MEMBER
"Rockbass are great..but the meats a little soft."

walleyechaser

• Ghetto Fab
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 03:50 PM »
thats the best smallie technique there is.   Suspend a bait 3 feet below a bobber over 60 feet of water.
I get limits that way.  Its my specialty.  Especially when its 90 degrees outside.
care for a warm up?

Official authority on the Kraken

The "Habitual Offender" of the MIRC - I need a clear glass plate

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 04:13 PM »
suckers , sheepshead and rock bass gallore...come to PA,,,theres alot to explore, ,,,we have water dotted all over our map.,,,but the waters so nasty it will give you the clap.  you can try fishing in the streams for some trout. dont expect much,, because thats not what its about..its about driving to place all over the land, fishing in other states where the waters are grand..taking some pictures, as many as you can take,,telling everybody "look what i got in a fine PA lake"

made me laugh, you guys really were bored  :thumbup_smilie:

Fishing is life

MIRC!

Kodiak Commando

• Check your fly
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2006, 05:40 PM »
   This post is hilarious, my turn to have some fun

PA, NY and Michigan are all in the East where the fishing is quiet lame. When it comes fishing they can't compare to Alaskas bountiful game. Come to alaska where there is a person per square mile, compared to the east where finding too many people wont' take a while. Come to alaska where float planes are a fishermans best friend instead of the east where the litter riddened highways seemingly never end. Come to alaska where all 5 salmon exist compared to the stocked 3 that michigan stole from us, because they want to be like us, they wish! Come to alaska where are rainbows grow as big as thier steelhead and where many of our steelhead have never seen a lure, alaskas country is still very pure. In the end if you want conveinience, sports arenas, giant mega stores and roads to different states those places in the east may be your place. But if fishing and quiet is what you want most, the small towns in alaska is where u want to be.
I've never been to heaven, but i have fished  in  Alaska.

jo-jos_jigs

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2006, 06:35 PM »
There once was a state shaped like a mitten
They say the fish are always hittin'
We New Yorkers know its a crock of spit
Michigan fish is nuthin' but S!#T

To get in the tourney they begged and pleaded
The warnings we gave were never heeded
Its never too late.... quit while you can
Noone likes to see a crying man

We have the pike the bass the crappie
To watch you loose will make us happy
All the above you all know is true
Go home and pout; boo hoo boo hoo

They say their fish will be of great size
All the way to New York we will hear their cries

"We suck again"
"We'll never win"
New York is always our demise!
To err is human, to forgive is divine......... Neither of which is my policy

esox slayer

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2006, 07:15 PM »
In the not so distant past, in a Commonwealth not so far away, lived a misguided little urchin known only as "Mush".  Mush was an odd sort, always trying to play with the big boys but always lacking the "package" it took to do so.  Still he had spirit, albeit misguided and prone to make excuses when things did not go his way.  He was however the self appointed leader of I think, 10 of his kind, namely because nobody else wanted the position.  Still reeling from a defeat of monumental proportions less than 4 months ago, the wounds barely healed, Mush was trying in vain to reorganize his heavily defeated rag tag mob to put up one last ditch effort to avoid eating the Comonwealths most loathed meal..woodchuck and carp, however interest in being defeated once again was a cause for worry amongst the remaining mob..

To the west,,there came a new challenger, from a place known as MI-CHEE-GAN....the people from there being known as "spankers" for dubious reasons.  There was no definitive leader to this of spankers, however, one soul who did proclaim themselves as being spankers was merely named "FS".  FS and his gang of trolls lived on the shores of a great body of water and his territory was littered with thousands of smaller lakes.  It has always been a curiosity as to how these people first survived this rugged territory as the lore is well known of their inability to catch the fishes of these waters.  Legend has it that a rugged individual from the great territory of NY came to the aid of these "spankers"..showing them enough about catching fish to let them survive..unfortunately, evolution was not kind to the spankers and their knowledge did not advance over the ages, thus, to this day they are still wrought with delusional beliefs of "beating" anything except themselves....

To the east was a vast territory known only as "Maine"(There is a reason why there is only one syllable in the name..more on that later).. These people had an opportunity placed before them that was beyond compare...all the ocean and fresh water fishing one could ever ask for, but the ocean being so vast they choose to stay mainly within inland waters.  Huge fish abounded in the ocean water..and in the fresh waters there were many species...mostly small until the introduction of the feared Esox Lucius, more commonly known as pike.  The "Mainuhs" feared the pike as it was bigger than any fresh water fish they'd ever seen before....so they reviled this great fish, the master of the waters..choosing instead to worship the puny trout.  Tribes all over this state caught those puny trout..and no matter how many they caught, the tribespeople slowly died off from starvation, if only they'd have choosen to target the mighty pike then all would have been well..but slowly..the territory known as Maine became a dense woodland , fit only for bear and moose....the esox is the king of the waterways and the people live there in  fear.  They too were defeated less than 4 months ago, choosing to join forces with the Commonwealth, by the fierce people known as TEAM NY.

TEAM NY is a spectacle to behold....the Great Lakes are our playground..the mighty St Lawrence river seperates us from the tribes to the north known collectively as the "Canucks".  All of NY's waters are plentiful with huge fish and the people of this state learned eons ago how to collect them to grow strong and build a strong society of fishing warriors and non poets..(poets were banished to the land of the "spanks")  These mighty warriors were basking in their sound trouncing of the C-Wealth and Maine, but always being diligent for the next great battle, as there is always somebody foolish enough to challenge the undisputed warrior fishing kings...the impending battle looms on the horizon...but once again, TEAM NY will rise up....show old and new challengers that we are the masters of our lakes, rivers and stream, whether they be inland or one of the mighty border waters...FEAR TEAM NY..........................
Team NY!!Setting the standard for which all others are thrashed!! 
                                                                                Former Marine-Semper Fi!!!

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2006, 08:02 PM »
There once was a tournament on a fishing website
Where NY and the other states were having a friendly little fight
The other states fished as hard as they could
Fishing with their poles made of graphite and wood
But the New Yorkers once again had all the might

;D

hookemandcookem

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 10:07 PM »
your right...seeing the large numbers of small fishweilding smelly new yorkers has woken me from more then one deep sleep..what a horrible thought..im mad that you even brought it up...im getting freaked out thinking about it.

ohhh i got one...its a poem..there once was a kid from new york...fished with nothing but jig and a pork.. he fished all day..and fished all night..but could get nothing in the polluted waters to bite. afraid of starvation..he looked at a map of our nation..a big mitten to the west..surely that was the best...some years later..retired  and a couch potater...hes glad to have had met his mate..the beautifull great lake state.

OHHHHH.....SLAMMED   :o :bowdown: :thumbup_smilie: :w00t:
HookemandCookem

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 10:30 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Go team NY! 

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 06:45 AM »
 A haiku tribute to my NY bretheren.   

New York Fishermen
                              The best people in the world
                                 Other states are scared

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 07:21 AM »
There once was some boys from Michigan :cookoo:
Who said"Win this tournament we can!" :thumbup_smilie:
But try as the might :flex:
They couldn't get even one bite! :'( :nono:
Hey look, NY wins again! :flag: :clapping: :bowdown:

flockshot

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 07:32 AM »
some would say that new york is good for one thing...the big city...they like the yuppies...the cabbies and even the working girls...and im glad to have met you all because now i know there is so much more the state..those same good things are all over just looke at you fine bunch!!!!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2006, 08:01 AM »
New York vs. Maine , thats where it started
one day last winter when frozen nutts farted
it seeped up his clothes and out of his sweater
NY vs ME...our fishing is better

we lost the first round, but we didnt get skunked
now its a new season so listen up punks
go ahead and sling the mud back and forth
but dont rule out your friends to the north

when the scores are all tallied
and we beat out you mobsters
you can give us some whiiiiine
to go with our lobsters
Scotty 

flockshot

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2006, 08:08 AM »
that was really good..i was wondering were maine went during all of this..lol

main is a pain, to cold to grow grain. made a poor showing, when the weather was snowing. now that its warm, and the black flies start to swarm. theres only small landlocked salmon, while the great lakes are jammin'.

Pikeguy

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2006, 08:09 AM »
New York vs. Maine , thats where it started
one day last winter when frozen nutts farted
it seeped up his clothes and out of his sweater
NY vs ME...our fishing is better

we lost the first round, but we didnt get skunked
now its a new season so listen up punks
go ahead and sling the mud back and forth