FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Poll

What do you perfer Ice or Open Water and Why

Open Water
39 (27.7%)
Ice Fishing
102 (72.3%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: Ice Vs. Open Water...The Official Poll  (Read 25286 times)

devil-man

Re: Ice Vs. Open Water...The Official Poll
« Reply #165 on: Aug 15, 2006, 10:10 PM »
OK, I'm fence sitting.  I like them both. There is no choice for that 

Flip a coin! That's what I did.  8)

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #166 on: Aug 16, 2006, 06:55 AM »
OK, it's not a coin flip but ......I choose open water.  My wife likes fishing when it is warmer out and she goes with me more often.  She is my best friend and I like fishing with my friend.

molsonport

« Reply #167 on: Aug 16, 2006, 06:23 PM »
ice is the best you can get more guys on the ice than you can get in the boat, plus you dont need ice for the road sodas.

bear

« Reply #168 on: Aug 22, 2006, 06:44 AM »
I would have to say that ice fishing is what I perfer but I don't get to do it as much as I would like to. bear

fishincrazy

« Reply #169 on: Aug 22, 2006, 11:03 AM »
ice fishing with out a doubt ;D :rotflol:

Capt. Travis

« Reply #170 on: Aug 22, 2006, 03:04 PM »
I spent many a winter day ice fishing.   Trudging em down and elbow greasin' my holes with a manual auger.   Had a lot of fun doing it.   

But hands down open water fishing for me.   Summer, winter, spring or fall it doesn't matter.    Point the bow east, clear the inlet and go hunting in the atlantic.    I don't like having boundrys when I fish.   Don't like to see the land.   When its water all the way around and nothing to see but a tuna bird here and there I am happy.   We've got 450 gallons of fuel on board, enough to carry us up to the canyons off North Jersey or down to the South Carolina border.    Somewhere between are the fish.    Thats the part I like.   Millions of square acres of ocean and your best guess....    Thats the challenge that fires me up!
You know that tickle in the bottom of your stomach when the land fades to a thin black sliver and winks out of sight altogether.... Yea, I'll have some more of that.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #171 on: Aug 22, 2006, 03:13 PM »
I spent many a winter day ice fishing.   Trudging em down and elbow greasin' my holes with a manual auger.   Had a lot of fun doing it.   

But hands down open water fishing for me.   Summer, winter, spring or fall it doesn't matter.    Point the bow east, clear the inlet and go hunting in the atlantic.    I don't like having boundrys when I fish.   Don't like to see the land.   When its water all the way around and nothing to see but a tuna bird here and there I am happy.   We've got 450 gallons of fuel on board, enough to carry us up to the canyons off North Jersey or down to the South Carolina border.    Somewhere between are the fish.    Thats the part I like.   Millions of square acres of ocean and your best guess....    Thats the challenge that fires me up!

Wow, sounds great.  Except for the part where I'm hanging over the edge of the boat chumming! :sick:  I got sea sick one time on the Cape May (NJ)/Lewes (DE) ferry.  Maybe that's why most of my fishing is wading in a river.

THE Spud

• Catch and release
« Reply #172 on: Aug 22, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Ice fishing no question ! Went over 30 times last year Bring on the ice FRED

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #173 on: Aug 22, 2006, 06:34 PM »
itsjust a differnet feeling to be on the ice and fishing.
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

crappieloo

« Reply #174 on: Aug 22, 2006, 09:49 PM »
ice fishing with out a doubt    :thumbup_smilie: :clapping: 8) ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.