FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dumbest thing you've done  (Read 16784 times)

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
Re: Dumbest thing you've done
« Reply #90 on: Mar 25, 2009, 09:36 PM »
Doing Donuts suck in the middle of a lake!

BlackIce

• MFF Mod Team
  • R U scared
« Reply #91 on: Mar 25, 2009, 11:22 PM »
This is from 3 years ago.... One evening I was havin some beers and decided to fish early the next morning.  I get the boat hooked up and loaded for morning.  I go to leave around 4 a.m. and make it about 20 feet before I hear metal grinding.  I did everything right except put the right sized ball on for the boat (used another trailer earlier that day).  So I get it hooked back up after waking half the neighborhood up from the trailer being dragged and me cursing.  I get to the lake and realize I forgot bait.  Back I went to town and got bait.  After all that mess I get the boat in the water and the trailer parked and realized the plug wasn't in.  I fished for about 2 hours with nothing to show so I decided to cut my losses for the day and go home.
Stop Lurking -  Join today!

maggot

• lil maggot on the shanty, OneShotWonder on MHF
« Reply #92 on: Apr 08, 2009, 05:06 AM »
The dumbest thing i have done is fall asleep while fishing.    :sleep1:
Don't forget to search for slabs!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #93 on: Apr 08, 2009, 05:27 AM »

Years ago I bought an old 1972, 15 1/2 ft trihull with a 50 hp Johnson. Took the bench seats out so I had more room for fishing and replaced the drivers seat with a folding chair.  Well one time I was out by myself and went to leave and hit the throttle hard. The folding chair did what it was supposed to, it folded. Me and the chair were rolling around in the back of the boat wich is going who knows where at full throtle.  I finally got to the key and shut it off. Except for the bump on my head and the bent up folding chair every thing turned out ok. ;D ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

floatinwoody

« Reply #94 on: Apr 08, 2009, 12:18 PM »
Working on a buddie's outboard, we had the barrel filled to test it out. We had been priming it with fuel but could not for the life of us get it to start. So..I took the plug out to look and see if it has any spark. He gave a yank, my eyes popped open and i dropped the plug wire into the barrel which quickly ignited due to the skim coat of oil and fuel on top of the water..the whole outboard catches at this point, and in my infinate wisdom, i figure if i reach into the barrel deep enough, i can find clean water to put it out.  Caught my sleeve on fire, lost one eyebrow, and half my moustache.  Motor was fine..And started shortly after.

camocrazy82

« Reply #95 on: Apr 08, 2009, 04:25 PM »
That will make you feel smart!

perchpirate97

« Reply #96 on: Apr 08, 2009, 04:29 PM »
forgetting to tie the bait bucket back to the boat after finally anchoring over some huuuuge perch. needless to say, i jumped overboard and swam to retrieve the bucket in my boxers in mid april in 3 ft. lake erie waves  :laugh:

Stuck-on-Seven

« Reply #97 on: Apr 08, 2009, 09:35 PM »
one time i was fishing off of a pier and i bent over to look down into the water and accidentally knocked my glasses off my head and into the river......good bye.......they were expensive perscription glasses too not just sunglasses that could have been easily replaced.....now when i fish i try to remember to wear the contacts...lesson learned  ::)

Mr.Buddy

• lets see if i can sink her this time!
« Reply #98 on: Apr 08, 2009, 09:58 PM »
I started doing stupid things on August 2nd 1983 (the day I was born) and I still havent stopped

Going fishin one day, had the boat on the trailer, motor in the back of my truck, when a friend of mine goes to pass me.  So I think "hell with him!!" I kick my truck down to give him a run for his money when I hear a really loud SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!  I turned my head just in time to see the boat motor slide out of the back of the truck and get run over by the boat trailer.  Forgot I didnt have the tailgate on the truck, needless to say the motor didnt run for beans for the rest of the day and I drifted all over the lake because one of my anchor ropes broke when I went to pick it up.  Pulled the motor over so many times that my favorite sunglasses flew off and into the drink.  300 and some odd dollars later to fix the motor and I still havent been able to find a set of glasses that I like  :-[

Ice Fishing this year, I was out on Delta Lake and ran for a tip up, when I got to the hole and was reeling in the line I looked up and seen the door of my BRAND NEW Clam Yukon flop back inside and land ontop of the heater, by the time i got back there was a hole the size of a watermellon melted in it

Put 750 lbs of guys into a boat thats rated for 500 max, barely made that one back to shore, had water coming in over the hull.

And theres the countless falling into the lake while smelting, or the rivers when fishing, or the hitting a pressure crack with the four wheeler and getting concoosed by the bait bucket as it smashed me in the back of the head.... ;D

I could keep this up all day, Bill Engval gave me a banner and a blimp, not just a sign!
Boats make great mobile storage in the winter time!!

camocrazy82

« Reply #99 on: Apr 09, 2009, 09:03 AM »
Just a couple weeks ago I flung my 30 # tackle bag over my shoulder and suddenly remembered the spoon I had put in the mesh part, got two holes in my backside now.

tucker

• central NY, heart of tax and spend
« Reply #100 on: Apr 09, 2009, 10:46 AM »
said "i do"

phead lakeman

« Reply #101 on: Apr 11, 2009, 03:16 PM »
launched my 14ft rowboat without the plug in LMAO!!

Mr.Buddy

• lets see if i can sink her this time!
« Reply #102 on: Apr 12, 2009, 12:52 PM »
I just ate a meatball that was about 350 degrees  :o

HOT HOT HOT!!!
Boats make great mobile storage in the winter time!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.