FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ICESHANTY IS NOW BLOCKED  (Read 11274 times)

marshrat

ICESHANTY IS NOW BLOCKED
« on: Mar 23, 2006, 01:09 PM »
I have been using iceshanty on the schools computers for a couple of years and now they have blocked it. Whats next myfishfinder i will be talking to someone thats for sure. What do you guys recommend doing

PS i guess i will just have to do all of my work on here at home
Chris Neal
Twin Tier Angling Board
DON'T LEAVE FISH TO FIND FISH!!!!!

GO TEAM PA

killitandgrillit

Re: ICESHANTY IS NOW BLOCKED
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2006, 01:13 PM »
DISCLAIMER: I am not liable if you get in trouble for doing this.

You can change your internet explorer proxy settings and get around the filtering. You need to find an internet proxy, at any given time you should be able to go to google and seach it. Note that the administrator might see that you have gone to a blocked site, and he wont be happy about it.

I have been using iceshanty on the schools computers for a couple of years and now they have blocked it. Whats next myfishfinder i will be talking to someone thats for sure. What do you guys recommend doing

PS i guess i will just have to do all of my work on here at home
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

chillywillie

• Team Maine
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2006, 02:06 PM »
How can they block it, just because they don't like fishing?  Sounds like BS to me.  You should ask the school board and then step up through the different levels of local government.

vipercat64

• Speak softly and carry a big (ugly)stick...
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2006, 02:29 PM »
My school routinely blocks any site the requires a password.  This is so that student(and teachers) do not use the schools network for personal e-mails during the school day instead of doing the work they are expected to be doing on the computers. .  So we know that between 7:45 am and 3:30pm, we can't use those sites. 

I am always signed in on here and shanty, so, so far anyway, I can get here(and there). Maybe you could try that.
Life is what you make it...and if that doesn't work stretch the truth 'til it at least sounds good.

troutman

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2006, 02:44 PM »
I think the school board should put a limit on how much time you spend on the internet during school hours. Internet should be restricted to your educational needs not your pleasure. Us tax payers are paying for these computers not you. Years ago we put out good educated people; today were going backward because our schools don’t want to start getting tough with you. We need to set a standard with a proper dress code, show respect toward the school board and meet the state requirements on education. If you don’t comply out you go.
Ray

vipercat64

• Speak softly and carry a big (ugly)stick...
« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Actually, most of the time that educators are online, we are doing research, looking for educational sites and materials that will enhance the educational experience for our students.  This is why schools have internet connections. 

As for myself, and that is the only person I can speak for, I happened to have a rare free moment at the end of the day, and checked to see if I could get on today, and was able to.  The majority of the time, have so much work to do that I don't even have the time to check the schools pipeline e-mail for announcements. 

So if you have a beef with the educational system, go to college for 6-years, jump through the 87 hoops the state requires, and then get paid less per hour per child than the sixteen year old gets to watch your kids when you go to the movies. 
Life is what you make it...and if that doesn't work stretch the truth 'til it at least sounds good.

Pikeguy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Marshrat, how old are you? Your profile says 16 and the guy in the picture looks older than 16 ???

Morin88

« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2006, 03:24 PM »
 Luckily at my school they havnt blocked iceshanty yet, they have however blocked myspace,so we found ways around it. just go to daveproxy.co.uk and type in www.iceshanty.com where it says adress and it should bring you right to it.
" Fly-fishing is the most fun you can have standing up"  ~Arnold Gingrich

killitandgrillit

« Reply #8 on: Mar 23, 2006, 03:38 PM »
That will work as long as daveproxy.co.uk is not blocked.

I use websense on the network I administrate, and it auto blocks access to sites that provide a portal service. Lots of ways around filtering if you want to bad enough.
"I fish because I love to; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience; because maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but suspect so many other concerns of men equally unimportant- and not nearly so much fun."

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2006, 03:44 PM »
That will work as long as daveproxy.co.uk is not blocked.

I use websense on the network I administrate, and it auto blocks access to sites that provide a portal service. Lots of ways around filtering if you want to bad enough.

my school uses websence, it hasnt blocked mff or is. but it has blocke mhf, somehting about not sites that inlcude sport hunting  ???
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

chowdah

« Reply #10 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:13 PM »
I think that unless the research for your classes is related to hunting or fishing you should do you pleasure surfing at home on your own computer. I also dont like how now a days when someone wants to circumvent the rules they can and will and even get unsolicited help from others. Just my opinion. no nasty replies please!~

devil-man

« Reply #11 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:39 PM »
I think that unless the research for your classes is related to hunting or fishing you should do you pleasure surfing at home on your own computer.
What about lunch, study halls, etc? What is wrong with that?
The job I have now does not allow me access to a computer.
I swing a hammer and climb ladders...

But when I could I would do a little surfing.

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2006, 05:50 PM »
We have a chick who is in charge of enforcing the IT rules....not the best looking girl, but I flirt with her and she has never blocked any of the sites I've visited   ;D

marshrat

« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:39 PM »
We have a chick who is in charge of enforcing the IT rules....not the best looking girl, but I flirt with her and she has never blocked any of the sites I've visited   ;D
Hey would try that but is a guy.
Chris Neal
Twin Tier Angling Board

GO TEAM PA

marshrat

« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2006, 07:43 PM »
Marshrat, how old are you? Your profile says 16 and the guy in the picture looks older than 16 ???

Speaking of the pic where did it go ???
Chris Neal
Twin Tier Angling Board

GO TEAM PA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.