FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lake manitoba narrows  (Read 1079 times)

grumpymoe

lake manitoba narrows
« on: Jul 21, 2004, 09:41 PM »
out early this morning for a change of venue and shore fishing....was nice to get a spot out of the wind....pics in "fishing pictures" really didn't do the wind justice...howling...my son ended up with 3 fish...2 drum and 1 perch...grandson novice...just his 3rd time...2 perch and 1 nice black bullhead....grump 12 perch and 7 nice drum...the largest...measured with a piece of fishing line turns out to be 26"...my first thought was easy 24" making it a master...whopping big fight on my ultralight shimano rod....up one side of the shoreline to the other...all lines out...battling fury...nice to get a pic..and release...the bite was generally very soft....even with the drum.....a father and son fishing next to us reported 11 nice walleye by a guest at the lodge yesterday...fishing north side of the causeway in deeper water...saw them catch a decent northern about 26" or so....not that common on past trips shore fishing...better spots to hit than what we fished....next trip....hoping for little or no wind and the perch phiranha bite.....tightlines everyone.....grump ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.