MyFishFinder By Species > Salmon

Anyone fish pinks?

<< < (2/2)

AD:
Hey, no problem, little cleos worked pretty good too, Where I was catching the pinks their were so many You'd get bored of catching them, and anyone that knows me should be scared of that fact, I almost never get tired of fishing and never get tired of catching fish.    We caught so many up there it was amazing, we fiddled around with different types of lures adn colors adn the color that seemed to work the best was pink, and that was the inly thing that we could get them to bitew when they went up the stream to spawn.    We were catching like 40 or 50 pinks a night per person for a few days.    Good luck in the upcoming fishing.   

Kodiak Commando:
Fishing for pinks is pretty sweet providing you use the right takle especially when you catch them in the ocean. I mostly fly fish and my best flies for pinks ocean or not are green and white clausers. I disagree with pixees however, i believe they are not as good as small crocodiles for two reasons. They sink slower which allows you to vary your retrieve more and do a slow retrieve which the pinks like in Kodiak, AK. It also allows you to fish shallower water. Also Pixees are the number on sold lure by the locas shops. Every tourist and his brother who come to fish here with lures use pixees because of their reputation. Fish may not be the smartes animal but in my experience after a while those pinks wise up to those pixees.

rendo:
the Pinks that we catch in Lake Huron are real small so dont target them. They hit lures and wont even trip the downrigger release

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version