MyFishFinder By Species > Salmon

Humpies and Chums (the other salmon)

(1/3) > >>

Barleydog:
Here's a couple humpy or pink salmon shots, and a chum or dog salmon that my boys caught from shore in the sound.  After dozens of fish, the boys were whooped!  Both species are highly aggressive and easy for youngens to catch, (and adults!)  Pixies and corkies work like a champ for multiple hookups.  These fish are making their annual spawning run to a local river.

Eric with a nice "Humpy"

Another nice male "Humpy" caught by Brett

A hen humpy

The boy and another chum from the depths

Taking a break after gorging on fish

A rather curious sea otter taking a break enjoying the "liquid" sunshine.

bigredfishing:
That is some awesome scenery and great pics with the boy.  That is so great!  You are such a lucky person! :thumbup_smilie:

Kodiak Commando:
Great pics barleydog!!! Chums and pinks are very underated fighters and table fare. In fact i have always believed chrome chums ocean chums are pound for pound harder fighters than kings, silvers,reds or pinks.

Barleydog:
Thanks fellas!  Your right Big Red.  Lucky that my kids like to fish!  Don't know what I'd do if they didn't :wacko: :cursing: :cookoo: :'(

KC,  Those chums are pretty dang good fighters, and jumping WHEW!  Fun stuff, but bring on the SILVERS baby!  Next week for 5 days I'll be in heaven fishing a hot silver run. ;D ;D  How's the run on Kodiak this year?

Bobman:
Looks like a great time Barleydog!  The boys look like they're gonna bust!  Someday I hope to be able to get up that way for some fishing, I can't even imagine how good it must be!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version