FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fish - Depth finder  (Read 2457 times)

mrlongbeard1

Fish - Depth finder
« on: Mar 22, 2004, 01:33 PM »
  I just bought a Lowrance x67c and I'm dieing to give it a try. Maybe tomarrow. What kind of depth finder are you using and how do yoou like it.

fishguts

Re: Fish - Depth finder
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2004, 01:39 PM »
i have a x75 been using it for 2 years now i really like it.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2004, 04:51 PM »
I've got a Eagle Ultra Classic. Think i've had it for five years or so now. Not a single issue with it yet *knocks on wood*. I get to stare at my boat evertime I walk out the garage so I too am dying to get out on the lake.

Tight Lines:
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

mrlongbeard1

« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 01:55 PM »
  I got on the water today until the wind blew me off. THis x67c is in color and it is awesome.The Eagle that I replaced was 18 yrs old and still working. but it never showed me what this shows me.

wyogator

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2004, 09:50 AM »
I have an Eagle Fish easy 2 and love it. It's portable and I can carry it from my boat, to my canoe and out on the ice. It doesn't work as well as a Vex on ice, but it only set me back $150.00 at wallyworld.  All I really need anyway is depth and bottom contour.  Alot of diehard icefisherman use Vex's, and I know they work better on hard water, but I think it is ridiculous to go spend $500.00 for something you can only use on ice.

Cider

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2004, 11:17 AM »
I think it is ridiculous to go spend $500.00 for something you can only use on ice.

I have an Eagle Cuda 128 that I bought last year for my canoe.  It works okay on the ice.  I will be investing in a Vex FL-18 for the ice and openwater.  Go to the Vexilar website and you will see that you can use these flashers year round.  You simply switch transducers.

I think if you are willing to put in the time (and money) to figure out how to use a flasher, it will be worth the investment.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.