FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any one use spiderwire fusion?  (Read 2952 times)

MikeMo

• chasing water wolves
Any one use spiderwire fusion?
« on: Mar 23, 2004, 04:49 AM »
I was one spiderwires website and saw thats its new and improved. I was wondering if anyone uses it and do you have any problems with it. Last year I got some spiderwire worked good the first time I was out, but after that one pretty good pull and snap. I was very frustrated with the stuff lost alot of lures.

Of course I wasnt using fusion last year.

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
Re: Any one use spiderwire fusion?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2004, 06:14 PM »
I've been very happy with the 24 lb Fusion. It's very thin, has low stretch, and is  VERY strong. Try it, and you'll see what I mean. Most line I cut with me teeth. I''ve had trouble cutting this with a knife!

-Zach

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2004, 06:26 PM »
its an impressive line for sure, but i tried it awhile back and found that it abrases too easily, and this is likely why you snapped some line after the first fishing day. its certainly has many applications, but dragging this line on bottom or areas that have gravel and rocks, it will certainly cause lost lures, and definetely fish..grumps 2bits.....any other positives out there, or negative replies to this post???

MikeMo

• chasing water wolves
« Reply #3 on: Mar 24, 2004, 01:45 PM »
That may be it grumymoe, the area I was fishing is full of rocks. Actually it is a spillway. I guess I will have to string a rod with something else just for there. Im gonna give the fusion a try. Thanks for the info fellas.

Mike

avalanche

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2004, 08:40 PM »
Hey Mike
you wont like fusion either. I tryed some 10 lb lost about 4 lures and some good fish before i replaced it with good old trilene. If you do try it use knot glue on the knots- i was told they work loose. By the way i complained and they sent me another 300 yds o-boy

Paul

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2004, 09:30 PM »
I prefer fireline

wyogator

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2004, 09:38 AM »
I always used fireline, because I liked it better than spiderwire; it just seemed smoother and slicker, where spiderwire was like course thread. I tried the spiderwire fusion for my tipups, because it was on sale, and noticed it was  more like the fireline. I still like the fireline, but the fusion is a great improvement over the regular spiderwire. I only use this stuff when ice fishing on tipups, fishing heavy cover or going after giant fish on light tackle. Otherwise, I prefer good old mono.

slice_o_life

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25, 2004, 11:00 AM »
   i like fusion on casting rods used for drifting bait . i also used it for fishing perch on lake erie on open water in deep water. much better feel and hook set than mono.
     slice o life 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.