FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PETA ???  (Read 15784 times)

raleigh

PETA ???
« on: Mar 04, 2004, 10:48 PM »
Just curious if anyone has heard any new news on what PETA has lined up for us fisherman this year. I saw a peta site on the computer that compares us hooking fish and taking them out of the water to us hooking our pets and putting them under water. When is this peta c*a* gonna end ?

Cider

Re: PETA ???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2004, 10:49 PM »
Check Bird Dog & Retriever News online or in print.  They always have a PETA watch article that covers what they are whining about most recently in every issue.  A lot of good info there, but biased towards hunting and not quite as much on the fishing issues.

http://www.bdarn.com - News From The Enemy And Good Guys Camps

LoneWolf

• MFF Mod Team
  • Tight Lines !
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2004, 12:03 PM »
I can't remember where I read it but apparently PETA (or parent organization) is even bigger in England. They have been targeting fisherman over there for years. Supposedly they went as far as to have members equipped with scuba gear to cut fishing lines and destroy crab and lobster traps.
I think it foolish to think they won't be trying a movement here in the US. :o 
They also have backing here far beyond comprehension. Here in the US we have many in the entertainment business (such as Barbara S.) who donate hundreds of thousands if not millions to there cause.
                 Just something to think about !  ;)
Those who are brave are free ..       

crappieloo

« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2004, 07:38 PM »
OK Im guilty cause i have actually put a hook in a maggot :o

Powerworm

• There's One!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2004, 09:56 PM »
I really didn't need another reason to hate Barbara S.

susquayuga fisher

« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2004, 07:56 AM »
peta=people eating tasty animals      Terrorists in disguise
 Lou, don't feel bad. I had to kill a spider for the mrs. the other day!
    Andy

Bigfish57

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2004, 09:13 AM »
PETA is one scary bunch!
Anthony

JigAwhopper

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:44 AM »
I love animals....they're  DELICIOUS!!!  :P
GONE FISH'G.......

hillbilly hank

« Reply #8 on: Mar 08, 2004, 12:40 PM »
MEAT.... GOOD ;)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #9 on: Mar 08, 2004, 01:29 PM »
i knew a vegetarian once who said he would not eat anything that has a face...i said no prob i usually cut the whole darn head off!!
 :o
Scotty 

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2004, 02:46 PM »
Very funny billditrite  ;D  ;D

Another group that should be watched very carefully is the HSUS. Humane Society Of The United States. They fool people into thinking they are either assocaiated with teh Federal Government or the local Humane Societys. They are associated with neither, just another large anti-hunting organization.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Thor

« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2004, 02:51 PM »
Several years ago, people from the meat packing industry descended on Capitol Hill in D.C. to raise awareness of issues concerning them.  As part of their assembly, they offered free hot dogs at lunchtime to politicians and others on the steps of the Capitol.  PETA responded by having "hot babes" hand out veggie burgers on the same day to try and compete for attention.

I remember a news story covering the event that quoted a mid-western rancher/farmer as saying "If God didn't want people to eat animals, then why did he make them out of meat?"

Pretty much sums it up.

kerosenecounty17

« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2004, 08:34 PM »
Buckshot - You are spot-on about HSUS.  PETA is considered a fringe group by most Americans, but alot of people are fooled into thinking that their contribution to HSUS is going to save puppies and kitties from being put down.  PETA's a bunch of whakos, and everybody knows it.  HSUS is a bunch of whakos, but they hide it well. 

kero

Bartman44

« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2004, 09:41 PM »
Give me fishing or give me death

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Buckshot - You are spot-on about HSUS.  PETA is considered a fringe group by most Americans, but alot of people are fooled into thinking that their contribution to HSUS is going to save puppies and kitties from being put down.  PETA's a bunch of whakos, and everybody knows it.  HSUS is a bunch of whakos, but they hide it well. 

kero

oh no no more chicken fingers now we are getting crazy
Scotty 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.