FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: PETA ???  (Read 15786 times)

oakorchardfishking

• "Another satisfied WNY union member."
Re: PETA ???
« Reply #60 on: Mar 26, 2004, 12:06 PM »
first off... PH*K P.E.T.A.....LOL
second... thats the best pic i have seen in a long time!
and third... for the benifit of you dog lovers out there(which includes myself) here in genesee county where i live, they dont destroy dogs... or cats for that matter! they will keep them at one of the organizations for a period of time and if no one is interested, they move them to another organization... in the end, if a particular dog is not adopted, they got to a place like a farm or a large rescue where the become more or less their own pets... they greet people and play with the horses and such... there is even an organization formed here in western ny now that adopts the older well mannered dogs(chances of adoption usually slim if too old) and they take them to nursing homes and similar places. the elders love the animal interaction! and for you hunters that may be interested, the Genesee County Animal Shelter has alot of hounds up for adoption, i adopted two of the nine beagles they have... took the youngest and they were already found together anyways... hopefully i can train them for rabbits next year. ooops, now i have gone too far, PETA has to love the fact of using animals to hunt animals...lol anyways, they also have a nice blutick coonhound and a catahula hound... good luck and sc*ew PETA!

raleigh

« Reply #61 on: Mar 26, 2004, 04:40 PM »
That sounds like a great organization Oakorchardfishking. They need organizations like that all over the United States.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #62 on: Mar 27, 2004, 02:04 AM »
PETA is a terrorist organization, period. They should really be called the Veggie Klux Klan, and be wearing green hoods and robes. They are an enemy to a free people, and should be mocked at every turn.
One of their arguments is that hooking fish makes them feel pain. Well, I got some scientific proof from an angler who is a non biased biologist, and it's in the December - January 1999 - 2000 Issue of In Fisherman Magazine, which is the best and most balanced fishing magazine in existance. It is dedicated to educating people how to catch more fish, protecting our rights to fish, AND educating and stressing selective harvest of fish, which allows us to eat and enjoy fish while conserving the resource.
The article was written by Dr. James J Rose, a proffessor in both Psychology and Physiology of Fish, with a doctorate from The University of Wyoming.
Basically what he stresses is that we all know a mammal and bird brain has two basic areas, a brain stem and a cerebrum. Both areas have many different structures which perform different functions. The brainstem regulates survival and natural functions, and also detects nociceptive (injuries or threatening) stimulu, which includes pain. It is the cerebral cortex however, that produces a conscious awareness of this stimuli (pain). Humans have the only well developed cerebral cortex of any known organism, thus the sensation of pain is most intense in us. Even other mammals, while they can feel pain, feel it less than us do to the fact that their cerebral cortex is more primitive, so they are not as consciously aware of it, so the experience is less intense.
Fish, being the most primitive of all vertebrates, have no cerebral cortex. They are a brainstem dominated organism. This enables them to respond to injurous stimuli so they can survive, which might confuse some people into thinking they feel pain. But, since they have no cerebral cortex, they are not consciously aware of the stimuli. Thus, Dr. Rose has basically proven they don't feel pain.
If eating meat was immoral or wrong, God would not have created animals that eat others. All predators, including hunters and fisherman, perform a crucial function of keeping certain animals in check. In fact, many fishing waters are less productive than others because anglers DON'T harvest as many fish.
I am with Raleigh and the others on the dog issue. Dogs are closer to humans than any animals except other primates, and they have feelings and can love, and in my mind they even have souls as do humans. When it showed the video of Al Quieda doing experiments with Chemical and Bio Weapons on dogs, I couldn't watch and had to change the channel. Dogs are better companions than many humans because they will never mistreat you if you are good to them. My two dogs, especially my older dog Ginger, are nearly as important to me as members of my immediate family. She has often been by most beloved companion throughout much of my life.
The only reason dogs have to be put down is because some of us are irresponsible and do not spay or neuter them.

Tyler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.