FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Retired today  (Read 4127 times)

MILLERMANKT

Retired today
« on: Apr 22, 2021, 03:32 PM »
I'm retired as of today. Not the way I pictured myself going out as I took a medical retirement due to tremors I get in my hands and head. A lot of things can be challenging but I look at it as therapy. i've had them since I was young, Therapist is trying to control them , but there is no cure and Parkenson's has been ruled out. At 58, I'm good with it . More time with the family , woodworking and the outdoors

bbfrogger

Re: Retired today
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2021, 04:01 PM »
Congrats - I retired almost 5 years ago slightly older than you - haven't regretted it 1 for second.  Good luck with your health

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2021, 04:06 PM »
Sorry to hear the circumstances but, congratulations and I wish you well. You’ve got talent and drive. You’ll make the best of it.

I’m looking forward to seeing your projects.

Bob
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22, 2021, 04:52 PM »
Miller, sorry to hear that your ailment forced you out, but look at it as a new opportunity to spend that time with your family and friends! Use the extra time to do all the things you never had time for and most of all enjoy it!

greensider

« Reply #4 on: Apr 22, 2021, 05:29 PM »
Keep busy and regardless of why congrats on getting there

62 & Done

« Reply #5 on: Apr 22, 2021, 07:47 PM »
Congrats on your retirement which you are going to love   Unfortunate that circumstances dictated when you left but you WILL make the best of it.  I retired on my own terms 4 years ago and got hurt at home.  It has been a rough go for a while but as I said ,  we WILL make the best of it and that is what I am doing      Hang in there   Keep your chin up  Count your blessings
    You have your family and they are the most important in these times
               God Bless

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Apr 23, 2021, 04:53 AM »
Now you can concentrate on getting better instead of some stupid old job......
 Get better buddy..,
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #7 on: Apr 23, 2021, 06:01 AM »
Congrats on the retirement. Good luck with the medical end of it. Who knows, maybe relaxing and fishing will ease things up.

iceman260

« Reply #8 on: Apr 23, 2021, 06:32 AM »
Congrats on retirement, hope your condition gets better,but you will make the best of it. Have fun fishing and woodworking your family will keep you busy.

wallyworld

« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2021, 06:57 AM »
Congrats on the retirement, enjoy  :clapping:  You earned it   :flex:  You'll wonder how you ever got anything done around the house while you were working  :rotflol: 

bbfrogger

« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Congrats on the retirement, enjoy  :clapping:  You earned it   :flex:  You'll wonder how you ever got anything done around the house while you were working  :rotflol:

Boy isn't that the truth !

PerchEyes

« Reply #11 on: Apr 23, 2021, 09:06 AM »
Congratulations MILLERMANKT!
I'm shooting for this summer.  :laugh:
It will be nice to go steelhead or ice fishing any day of the week.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #12 on: Apr 23, 2021, 09:59 AM »
millerman sorry  for the troubles but  i love the way you look at it!  hey theres fish waiting to becaught and wood projects to be done sir! we want to see pictures of both
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

bbfrogger

« Reply #13 on: Apr 23, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Congratulations MILLERMANKT!
I'm shooting for this summer.  :laugh:
It will be nice to go steelhead or ice fishing any day of the week.

You're going to love it - I used to look forward to the weekends and went no matter what the weather - now you will be able to pick and choose when the weather is right and when you feel like it !

ira-akrfc

« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 2021, 11:00 AM »
Welcome to the club! Now it's easier to get out during the week, when fishing spots aren't so crowded with those working stiffs!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.