FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Carp so far  (Read 13710 times)

SunFish

Re: Carp so far
« Reply #15 on: Jun 28, 2011, 09:21 PM »
If ya got a smoker try smoked Carp sometime, mmmmmm good.
haha maybe sometime..........

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #16 on: Jun 29, 2011, 06:09 PM »
haha maybe sometime..........
I'm serious as a heart attack, skin em out, cut out the back bone and cut out the belly from the bunger to the gills and snap the head off. Then score the carp with cuts a quarter of an inch apart and soak him in salt water over night then put him in the smoker and smoke em up til they flake. It don't  get no better.
:thumbup_smilie:
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

SunFish

« Reply #17 on: Jun 30, 2011, 07:24 AM »
I just like catching them, and most places I catch them from are loaded with PCB's in the water.. another one from the other day

powdiddy

« Reply #18 on: Jun 30, 2011, 07:49 AM »
fun fish to catch looks like you are doing alright at it.

SunFish

« Reply #19 on: Jun 30, 2011, 08:52 AM »
fun fish to catch looks like you are doing alright at it.
Thats a nice on in your signature! Is that atleast 30 pounds?

powdiddy

« Reply #20 on: Jun 30, 2011, 09:19 AM »
37 lbs my 2nd biggest so far.

SunFish

« Reply #21 on: Jun 30, 2011, 11:15 AM »
37 lbs my 2nd biggest so far.
NICE DUDE! :o

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #22 on: Jun 30, 2011, 11:45 AM »
I see you fish all the same places I do for carp.  I love the "duckpond" in Waterford.  It seems like those little carp will bite any time I'm there.  Night time, Day time, freezing cold and snowing or heat as heck and sunny, I always seem to catch a ton there.  (There are surprisingly huge largemouth in that pond too)

Have you ever tried the Tomhannock? That place has the biggest carp in the area.  

Hoosick River is also loaded with carp, they just never seem to get over 30lbs in there.

SunFish

« Reply #23 on: Jun 30, 2011, 09:32 PM »
I see you fish all the same places I do for carp.  I love the "duckpond" in Waterford.  It seems like those little carp will bite any time I'm there.  Night time, Day time, freezing cold and snowing or heat as heck and sunny, I always seem to catch a ton there.  (There are surprisingly huge largemouth in that pond too)

Have you ever tried the Tomhannock? That place has the biggest carp in the area.  

Hoosick River is also loaded with carp, they just never seem to get over 30lbs in there.
yeah its a nice little pond. And yes the tomhanock is a big secret for the top of top carp fisherman ive tried with no success, the fish are few and far between there. Hoosic river is also good for quantity not exactly quality but still holds some big fish with a nice average weight. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.