FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: salmon river  (Read 4624 times)

westernmas

Re: salmon river
« Reply #30 on: Nov 07, 2018, 11:56 AM »
When flow is at 2000cfs it’s dangerous. Be safe. I don’t think they even want you in the river. The sirens sound when they open gates. Friday low flow. Saturday 2’ lake effect snow and 2000cfs January 2016

1640 as of today.  They didnt get much rain yesterday.  There's minimal precipitation for the next couple of days so it will be high but should be fishable.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

lowaccord66

« Reply #31 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:37 AM »
The farmington is up higher than 1640 in spots!  By the office it was 3000 cfs yesterday!

westernmas

« Reply #32 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Got skunked at the salmon river.  The fishing conditions and weather really made things tough.  We got there and the flows were around 1500 cfs but they held back the dam and things quickly dropped to 500 over two days.  I think the change in flows messed with the fish and shut the bite down a little.  I hooked into two but didn't come close to landing either.  Out of 7 guys only 2 steelhead were landed (by the same guy of course).  By Sunday the fish seemed to have settled in to the lower flows and there were many more people hooking up but it was a free fishing day so the crowds were unbearable.  It was a still a great time up at the camp but it would have been nice to get into the fish a little better.  I'll be back shortly, possibly give it a go in the spring.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #33 on: Nov 13, 2018, 06:18 AM »
One way or another, great job getting up there and giving it a whirl.
Wicked Wec

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.