FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: WOLF LAKE  (Read 1092 times)

abishop

WOLF LAKE
« on: Aug 18, 2020, 04:35 PM »
Has anyone fished there lately? I drive by there every night and see 4 to 5 boats fishing all the time, with lantern fishing from shore after dark. I know there are trophies in there. Just curious if any one doing any good. Seems like most boats fish close to toll road or out from launch. There is quite the access from shore you can drive car to most. ???????? Even had a small camping area, with a nice walking - bike trail around lake. Is the west side of toll road Illinois? comments?????

LundProv

Re: WOLF LAKE
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2020, 10:08 PM »
Was equally curious about wolf lake a few weeks back.  Fished it from about 1-5 and basically explored and trolled around.  Talked to a couple of local anglers...  Caught white perch and white bass (I think) and they were strong but small.  One angler I chatted with chases bass and walleyes and swore by jointed crank baits trolled fast. Another angler also trolled jointed shad raps and had a couple of big crappies.  The launch is very nice and easy with good, close parking.  Nice security people... Kinda noisy with all the traffic from the toll road - probably won't be in a hurry to go back but overall it was a good experience... give it a try and let us know what you think...

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2020, 09:16 AM »
In years past was pretty heavily stocked with walleye from local Walleye Club. Was always good for bass and big northern. Don't know about recent years.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

abishop

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2020, 03:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I know walleyes are there and I figured a lot of people are casting standing up in boat. Bass or musky? I would try to hunt walter if I ever make it out. Still trying to figure out the way to get there. From driving the toll road, I just dont see a paved road to access. I need time one day to just scout it out before trying to fish it. I know that there are a lot of shallow spots.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.