FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Anyone Use Eire Dearies for Walleye  (Read 1867 times)

Fishin-Mission

Anyone Use Eire Dearies for Walleye
« on: Aug 12, 2019, 01:53 PM »
I have several Eire Dearies in my tackle box that I have considered trying on Oneida, but I never seem to use.  The single hook makes me wonder if I would miss the fish and just lose my crawler. I have good success with the two hook worm harness, but even with those the fish seem to steal my bait.

Does anyone have any comment on how Eire Dearies are for Walleye.

filetandrelease

Re: Anyone Use Eire Dearies for Walleye
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2019, 02:25 PM »

Haven’t used them in years , used them a very long time ago with success , but over the years found things that were more productive for me

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2019, 02:43 PM »
I gifted over 50 or so to friends over the years. As Fred says, there are more productive methods.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

gotagetm

« Reply #3 on: Aug 12, 2019, 09:53 PM »
When Erie was to rough to get out this spring me and wife drifted the harbor and used them for fun ,caught a bunch of eye!
But you can catch a walleye on hotdogs I think right now in Erie, may actually try it
A strip of dog on a harness

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2019, 04:44 AM »
I really have  caught  catfish and  bullheads on  cheap red hot  dogs   and  strawberry  jello ...

I caught  walleyes  on  erie  dearies....try blood suckers on them too  !  they work as  good  as  dragging worm harnesses....white  perch love  em too!
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mac Attack

« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2019, 07:08 AM »
……………...
But you can catch a walleye on hotdogs I think right now in Erie, may actually try it
A strip of dog on a harness

a couple years back we left the crawlers and stickbaits back at camp.
We were 7-8 miles out and did not want to make a run in rough water to retrieve them.
Jeff had a bag of those pink rubber steelhead worms.
We used them and they worked fine.
I also know guys who use gulp worms all the time as they are easier to keep than crawlers (for them).
Trolling is a lot of times a reaction strike by the fish.
Like throwing cranks for bass.

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 25, 2019, 11:17 AM »
I really have  caught  catfish and  bullheads on  cheap red hot  dogs   and  strawberry  jello ...

I caught  walleyes  on  erie  dearies....try blood suckers on them too !  they work as  good  as  dragging worm harnesses....white  perch love  em too!

There have been times in the past when an Erie Deerie with a leech would be the only thing I could get a Lake Erie walleye to hit. Most of the times I had to pop it off the rigger to trigger a strike.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.