FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin Opener  (Read 11353 times)

taxid

Re: Quabbin Opener
« Reply #30 on: Apr 21, 2018, 07:01 PM »
They might put on more weight, but that is prolly closer to the upper end of length. (~30 inches)

Fantastic fish!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #31 on: Apr 21, 2018, 07:17 PM »
my biggest salmon was 6lbs out of wachusett and was 26in it was a tank though big spawning male with a 1.5in kipe on it. the state record i heard was around 30in. i have seen some big ones pushing 28in in the tribs.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #32 on: Apr 21, 2018, 07:20 PM »
congrats will on the fish. thats a great day.

200fisher

« Reply #33 on: Apr 21, 2018, 07:50 PM »
GREAT SALMON!
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

taxid

« Reply #34 on: Apr 21, 2018, 08:16 PM »
my biggest salmon was 6lbs out of wachusett and was 26in it was a tank though big spawning male with a 1.5in kipe on it. the state record i heard was around 30in. i have seen some big ones pushing 28in in the tribs.

Good information. Thanks.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #35 on: Apr 22, 2018, 06:50 AM »
Nice fish, Baitbucket!   ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

TennesseeFreeze

« Reply #36 on: Apr 22, 2018, 06:55 AM »
Thats so Awesome Fellas......thanks for sharing the video.....Congrats  ;D

Ash82

« Reply #37 on: Apr 23, 2018, 10:54 AM »
Awesome video! That was a great fish. Congrats!!!

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #38 on: Apr 23, 2018, 11:39 AM »
Nice work fellas!
Wicked Wec

bigbellybilly

« Reply #39 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Congrats Will getting out with Dad awesome fish and video Thanks for sharing.

westernmas

« Reply #40 on: Apr 24, 2018, 12:13 PM »
Any idea how the lines were opening day?  I'm debating trying to get up there for a rental boat but last time around this year I went and all the boats were rented out.  I was there pretty early so if it requires getting there at 3am to wait I'll fish elsewhere.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

CMD1987

« Reply #41 on: Apr 24, 2018, 12:25 PM »
Any idea how the lines were opening day?  I'm debating trying to get up there for a rental boat but last time around this year I went and all the boats were rented out.  I was there pretty early so if it requires getting there at 3am to wait I'll fish elsewhere.

There was a post on another forum that seemed to indicate the lines were less long this year - with unused rentals on day 2 in at least one location.

lowaccord66

« Reply #42 on: Apr 24, 2018, 12:44 PM »

Took fishsluggos over 3 hours to launch.  We got there at 730 and waited 15 minutes. Next couple weeks you'd need to get there early.  Several rental boats didnt start on the opener and thats why they were still "available". 

I went this coming weekend last year...got there for 5 and still couldn't get a rental.  Now I just borrow my buddies boat.

ICEHOLE

« Reply #43 on: Apr 25, 2018, 04:20 AM »
Had a GREAT morning with my dad. Fished for 3hrs and we ended with 3 lakers and a 27in Salmon!  Video will be up shortly.
nice job will!!
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Baitbucket

« Reply #44 on: Apr 25, 2018, 12:20 PM »

I fished Saturday and Sunday at Gate 31. On Saturday (opening day) i got there at 7am and the guy right infront of me got the last rental. We waited in line for about 45mins.

On sunday we got there at 5:30am, they open at 6am. We were on the water by 6:20am. When we came back in there were at least 6-8 rentals left.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.