FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: electro shocking  (Read 3258 times)

Fishman Teters

electro shocking
« on: Oct 07, 2014, 08:10 AM »
Is it me being crazy or are MT FWP the crazy ones? I just read a report about electro fishing vs poisoning. My question on all this, is why are they trying to eradicate the fish they have planted? I understand wanting our native trout to thrive ....but to kill off others that were planted by our own FWP makes no sense to me. Shall we kill off all fish but cutthroats, paddles, sauger, channel cats, and sturgeon in the Yellowstone?
I'm gonna miss her...look at there...I got a bite

d_smith84

Re: electro shocking
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2014, 04:06 PM »
It's amazing as to what they pick and choose to protect versus eradicate. One of the things that really gets me is they use money from sportsman licensing to pay for protection of species most sportsman would prefer to see gone.  You can comment but it really does no good because they do what they want. Maybe everyone should stop buying licenses for a couple of years and see how well they survive.

Fishman Teters

« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2014, 02:56 PM »
I second that notion.

Jim F

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2014, 05:24 PM »
It's called self induced job security. If they would leave stuff alone they could fire 65% of them.

Fishman Teters

« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2014, 03:27 PM »
It just makes me laugh. Introduce...kill them off...re-introduce...give special regs...kill them off...Glad I just catch fish. I would hate to play population control...

Fishman Teters

« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2014, 03:47 PM »
One more thing...if our FWP is so up to restoration, could they please clean up the Missouri River Headwaters of all the carp? Seriously...they are ruining my trout fishing experience...Hahaha!!!

YETI_MILK

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2015, 11:17 AM »
I kno this is old thread but so important I revive it. YOu guys are darn tooting rigjht about the money$ that MT fwp supposabl;y spends to keep our waters prisitine. You are right if theyt didn't do any managing you could fire 65% of them and modt things they do only keep them in job security. I don't see why they have to plant carp walleyes diffrant trouts etc and then eradicate them all later. it makes no since. They shuldnt use sportsman money$ to pay for keeping around natives spp. that most fisherman want gone anyway. I don't want them to kill off all the spp. excepts cats saugers paddles cutthroiats sturgeonand etc in the Yellowstone river. It makes no since.

Mac Attack

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2015, 12:31 PM »
huh?

:w00t:

NONYA

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2015, 04:09 PM »
Sens you wuz up....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com