FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dont Buy Cabelas  (Read 14078 times)

Baitbucket

Re: Dont Buy Cabelas
« Reply #45 on: Dec 02, 2013, 05:52 AM »
And for the third time....Cabelas themselves admitted the defect would be covered, if still under the lifetime guarantee.

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #46 on: Dec 02, 2013, 06:58 AM »
Well, sometimes we just lose. Fact of life. :(
Member - Black Lake Hooks & Bullets Crowd

Baitbucket

« Reply #47 on: Dec 02, 2013, 07:02 AM »
Only loser here is Cabelas. Even if one person doesn't buy their products anymore because of this post...mission accomplished..

ripple

« Reply #48 on: Dec 02, 2013, 04:16 PM »
so looking at the picture it seems you went with the Maine Pac Boots @ $169.00 instead ?

As for the bean made in USA, yup imported too..

Baitbucket

« Reply #49 on: Dec 02, 2013, 07:59 PM »
Dont care where they are from. Only care that if they fall apart for poor craftmanship they will keep their word and replace them

JoeGG

« Reply #50 on: Dec 02, 2013, 09:24 PM »
And for the third time....Cabelas themselves admitted the defect would be covered, if still under the lifetime guarantee.
where does Cabelas say that they admit to the defect and, if still under the lifetime guarantee, they will cover it?

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #51 on: Dec 03, 2013, 05:05 AM »
Dont care where they are from. Only care that if they fall apart for poor craftmanship they will keep their word and replace them

Maybe you inadvertently and unknowingly spilled some kind of corrosive material on them?  So it is at their discretion as to whether they are covered by the warranty and return policy.

Baitbucket

« Reply #52 on: Dec 03, 2013, 06:09 AM »
So it is at their discretion as to whether they are covered by the warranty and return policy.

A lifetime guarantee they dictate? Sounds awfully convenient to me.

If they were out of warranty or it was void because of something i did they wouldn't have offered me anything.
They could have said "oh sorry, looks like you once stepped in dog crap, your sol".. But they didnt..
They told me the issue was a defect and that it fell under their guidelines for replacement. But was out of its lifetime guarantee..

FISHFORPIKE

• Phil
« Reply #53 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:20 AM »
Sorry - sounds to me like they are holding up their end of the policy.   I felt like I been screwwd before too.  Not a good feeling.

JoeGG

« Reply #54 on: Dec 03, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Sorry - sounds to me like they are holding up their end of the policy.   I felt like I been screwwd before too.  Not a good feeling.
I would move on. Lifetime of the product says it all with the stipulation that it was normal wear and tear. Sounds like it wasn't normal wear and tear when they examined them and they still offered you half your money.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.