FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New boat  (Read 12070 times)

Mac Attack

Re: New boat
« Reply #75 on: Mar 26, 2023, 11:07 AM »
This was as we were leaving sickies restaurant by the dealership. Then came home to 3 inches of snow.

Is that the Cabelas in Sidney, NE?
Way back, when I drove semi for a year between jobs, I stopped there to check things out.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #76 on: Mar 26, 2023, 04:14 PM »
No it is cabelas in rapid south dakota. My first boat was bought from the cabelas in Sydney, since bass pro bought them they no longer sell alumacraft boats. I bought this one from rice Motorsports very nice guys and great to deal with.

fishinjohn

« Reply #77 on: Mar 26, 2023, 06:20 PM »
I absolutely love my alumacraft!!!!
Nice rig!!! Enjoy

Mac Attack

« Reply #78 on: Mar 26, 2023, 07:53 PM »
No it is cabelas in rapid south dakota. My first boat was bought from the cabelas in Sydney, since bass pro bought them they no longer sell alumacraft boats. I bought this one from rice Motorsports very nice guys and great to deal with.

Cool

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #79 on: Mar 27, 2023, 02:39 PM »
Sounds like the old Alumacraft navigator is sold.  Makes it nice to open the shop up again.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #80 on: Apr 05, 2023, 08:02 PM »
Well when putting the boat in the shop noticed I would need to increase the height and just spent more money to get the extra panel and track. Now to wait for them to come in and get that project done. Ordered a alternator charger so once the starting battery is fully charged will charge the trolling motor batteries. Got a transom saver coming for each motor, trying a new style that I have never used as they just go on the ram. Will report how they work. Still need to mount the fishfinder, but still a few weeks out for open water.

fishinjohn

« Reply #81 on: Apr 06, 2023, 05:30 AM »
Well when putting the boat in the shop noticed I would need to increase the height and just spent more money to get the extra panel and track. Now to wait for them to come in and get that project done. Ordered a alternator charger so once the starting battery is fully charged will charge the trolling motor batteries. Got a transom saver coming for each motor, trying a new style that I have never used as they just go on the ram. Will report how they work. Still need to mount the fishfinder, but still a few weeks out for open water.
What did you get for transom saver??? I need to get one and just haven't done that yet

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #82 on: Apr 08, 2023, 08:33 AM »
Got these ones to try and see how they work. Easier to store than the long rods and such. Should be here Wednesday to see how they attach.

Mac Attack

« Reply #83 on: Apr 08, 2023, 09:14 AM »
Got these ones to try and see how they work. Easier to store than the long rods and such. Should be here Wednesday to see how they attach.

These will work fine.
I have used blocks similar to these on my I/O boats with success.

fishinjohn

« Reply #84 on: Apr 08, 2023, 09:40 PM »

Thank you

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #85 on: Apr 08, 2023, 10:30 PM »
Thanks gor the info that you have used them before makes me feel better mack

Your welcome fishinjohn

Mac Attack

« Reply #86 on: Apr 08, 2023, 11:47 PM »
Mine were not the same as yours.
They were tubes that snapped over the trim cylinder rods.
Same principle though.
Took the load off the cylinders to keep them from leaking when driving down the road with the lower unit bouncing up and down.
A small block of wood will do the same thing.
Good luck.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #87 on: Apr 16, 2023, 02:09 PM »
Got the alternator charger installed and wires ran for the fish finder. Just need to drill the hole for the wires to come up through the dash and install the ram mount. Getting closer to be ready for when the ice leaves.

olefish

« Reply #88 on: Apr 21, 2023, 08:57 PM »
Good Luck with the new boat.

glenwyo

« Reply #89 on: Apr 27, 2023, 03:59 PM »
Got the alternator charger installed and wires ran for the fish finder. Just need to drill the hole for the wires to come up through the dash and install the ram mount. Getting closer to be ready for when the ice leaves.
Big Horn reservoir is ice-free if you are looking for open water to try out your new boat.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.