FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Missy Sally & Raccoon  (Read 1446 times)

rivereddy

Missy Sally & Raccoon
« on: Jul 21, 2015, 02:09 PM »
Took a little Sunday drive with my sweetie to see what Mississinewa and Salamonie looked like.
Miss had spilled out and in some areas the flooding looked to be over 1/2 mile from the usual
lake boundary.  Water was up nearly to the level of all of the bridges we crossed. I tried to
go up 105 to check out the ice fishing "death march" but the road was closed due to construction
a few hundred yards north of SR 124.  At SR 9 the water was again up to the bridge. Something to
see, that's for sure.

Got home and talked to buddy who lives near Raccoon and he said the state had pulled the docks and
closed the lake.  He said in one low spot on SR 136 the water was within a few feet of the roadway.

fish on, I wish,

rivereddy

High Flags

Re: Missy Sally & Raccoon
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2015, 08:54 PM »
crazy weather this year thats for sure

bigr

Re: Missy Sally & Raccoon
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2015, 05:36 AM »
Missy and sally was still rising as of yesterday. Both are near 100% capacity. Water is backing into overflow cuts. Not sure what percentage/level resi's have to reach before they start running directly into Wabash river.This break from rain hopefully is just in time and lasts a few weeks. There are a few home owners that are canoeing to get from house to road because of flooding over there drive and they don't live close to the Missy at all, it's just that far back up. All the buildings at the beach are under water. They'll be a big expensive cleanup after this is all over. It will be interesting to see how the shore line will look next spring and beyond. Will the trees and grass that are under water all die. Still think the fish are benefiting from the high conditions. Hopefully those dinks at the sally grow. Time will tell.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.