FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Susquehanna 3/21/04  (Read 8068 times)

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
Susquehanna 3/21/04
« on: Mar 21, 2004, 08:19 PM »
I was lucky enough to get out for a few hours this morning. Tried a couple spots and found the channel cats much more cooperative than last week. Got 4 in 50 minutes when I fished this spot last week I got 1 in about 3 hours. moved to another location and got 2 more plus I jigged up a couple out of season walleyes.
The largest cat was 25" the rest were from 18 to 22". The walleyes were beautifully colored not the drab grey that they get under the ice. Got my cats on cut shiners and realeased all the fish so they can rest up for the next guy. Enjoy the photos.
FM

Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Webguy

• Lured into it....... get reel!
Re: Susquehanna 3/21/04
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2004, 11:48 AM »
Way to go f-m!

fishin_musician

« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2004, 10:04 PM »
Got out Satrurday night for a few hours. Had a great time. Got 6 channel cats and missed one. Got them all on cut shiners, the store bought variety. There were a couple 24"ers and the rest, all but one came in between 18 and 22". The big guy was the first one I got and at 29" it is the biggest one I have caught in two years.
I was pretty happy about that but didn't get a picture cause I was alone at night, and didn't bring my camera. Didn't have a measuring tape either????? I measured the fish with a stick and brought home the stick!!!!!!  Nice stick too think I might get it mounted for over the fireplace mantle.
FM

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2004, 11:47 PM »
FM,

Nice pictures and even nicer fish! Have never caught a Cat, but hope to get out sometime this year.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

fishin_musician

« Reply #4 on: Apr 07, 2004, 06:59 PM »
Here is the link to some live action on the Susquehanna featuring Operaman an myself  fishin' Musician.http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=710.msg10545#msg10545

fishin_musician

« Reply #5 on: Apr 12, 2004, 07:31 PM »
Deliverence Revisited. Took my new catfishin convert, Operaman, to the land where men are men and the sheep are scared this past Saturday night. Some where between Laceyville and Wylusing for a night of channel cats and beers. As we made one of the final turns onto another dirt road a Bobcat ran directly in front of my indestructible Ford truck. When we got to the river there where already a few of the local young un's fishin'. In fact we got there just in time to see one of them toss a match on to a pile of wood, well soaked in excellerant. The resultant flames were at least 12 feet high and the poor kid was left without eyebrows and smoldering. We had planned to build our own fire, it being a chill night but found that we were quite warm basking in the glow of the raging inferno upriver. The bite started off slow but an hour after the roar of the chain saw died down Operaman landed the first cat. Then another and another and so it went for most of the night I did manage one nice fish and saved total humilation. I almost forgot to mention the 11:00 pm fireworks display and nothing spices up a night on the river like the sound of small arms fire in the distance. At mid-night we decided to call it quits before we ran out of beer. Somehow I missed a turn and got fairly lost but may have discovered a new shortcut if I can remember it. All in all a great night on the Susquemuddy River.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2004, 01:28 PM »
We would be able to find you just by listening for the tunes!  Now, just what kind of music are we mixing with the opera?  ;D

Glad you guys had a great time.  Thanks for sharing the stories/pics!

crappieloo

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2004, 06:50 PM »
I'm really enjoying this thread. You guys are having fun and i wish i could be there nightfishin too. BTW, if Operaman and you had eaten some bake beans and pinapple while washing them down with beers, yual could have listened to Hawaiian music with the fireworks. Coooool 8)
crappieloo

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2004, 07:04 AM »
Loo, you got me crackin up even before I've had my coffee this mornin'! ;D ;D ;D

operaman

« Reply #9 on: Apr 23, 2004, 01:44 AM »
I'll tell you what, that night was sooo much fun!!! My sides were hurting the next day from laughing soo much! and as for tunes to opera...no way! FM is the music man! i just play the spoons......LOL and the rattle of empty beer bottles! that's my favorite instrument!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #10 on: Apr 23, 2004, 11:21 AM »
Well, then he can play the instrument and you sing opera!  ;)

fishin_musician

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2004, 11:01 PM »
5/7/04 Got out last friday night for cats. Had a great night, several fish under 20" a
few 24's, a 26, a 28, and a 29 incher, all channel cats. All were gotten on thawed out leftover trapped chubs. Funny thing about these baits was that they were laden with milt and roe. The cats really went for them, fresh and later thawed. For you guys in Canada and out in the Mid West, I know that you weigh your cats rather than measure, but round here these are pushin the limits of the system. I have caught three channel cats that were 30" and my buddy got one that I saw that was 32" the 29"er that I got last friday was heavier than any of my thirty inchers. Would have been a perfect night but started to get the heebejebees around 11:00 and decided to call it a night. The ghost decided that it had enough too and chased me down the road for several miles.
http://home.epix.net/~virtualdave/web%20gallery%20test/index.htm
FM

Jigwiggler

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Nice ones FM!!!  Looks like another sucessful night on the Susquehanna!!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

suskymusky

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 07:34 AM »
With the high water,we decided to hit the Susky with some chicken livers last night.My buddy got a bomber on his first cast,a 29" er.We got three apiece after that ,all 24' and up.The channels stopped biting and then we started getting giant bullheads for a while.I think we caught the tail end of a school of Channel cats.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

operaman

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 08:27 AM »
Myself, Fishin musician, and jigwiggler headed out to the mighty Susqy last night....... we will have the whole story for you in a few days.....LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.