FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: i love wally world  (Read 7309 times)

Gambler

Re: i love wally world
« Reply #15 on: Jun 03, 2009, 07:30 PM »
Since we are having a whiner fest lets start a game with it. Name something that dont come from china. Ill Start.

Marlboro Ciggs.

I'll bet you don't get many replies!!!   ;D
I would prefer to buy american made even though it costs more but it is darn hard to find such items.
This past winter I purchased a Mil Lacs ice chisel, It has a sticker that says made in USA but I would almost be willing to bet that the raw materials came from China and it was welded together and painted in USA. I may be wrong and I hope so.
Take Care and God Bless!

Rick

Casey W

• Shoot em again he's still runnin with 3 legs
« Reply #16 on: Jun 03, 2009, 08:25 PM »
I'll bet you don't get many replies!!!   ;D
I would prefer to buy american made even though it costs more but it is darn hard to find such items.
This past winter I purchased a Mil Lacs ice chisel, It has a sticker that says made in USA but I would almost be willing to bet that the raw materials came from China and it was welded together and painted in USA. I may be wrong and I hope so.
i make my own ice chisels andthey work pretty d**n good to,  i should try to compete with china and sell them lol t

[IMG]http://[IMG]

1fish@atime

« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2009, 04:28 AM »
Bottom line, a deal is a deal. If the US. would wake up and structure the economy around realistic manufacturing wages we could produce everything we need here and maybe start exporting again. A startling fact is I live in what once was a vacation playground for the rich. Whether it be doctor or investment banker or just family money handed down, they built second homes and "camps". Now the parade of factory workers, electricians, pipe fitters and masons through my home center is amazing. They make more money than they need so they spend it here to cut taxes. And we sit and complain we can't afford to buy American products???
Seems if everyone complaining is truly against imported goods they would also not allow these companies to donate so much into our country. Look up what Wal-mart donated last year. All of the unions in the country donated 1.5 million or better to politicians!! Of the 3.5 million wal-mart donated only 1.5 went to political candidates. The rest went to organizations that feed the hungry and clothe people, and habitat for people and wildlife.
Check out top donors online, the unions are some of the top, they don't want to have the government take away their power.(just your money)

Dan_lais

• waiting for ice.
« Reply #18 on: Jun 06, 2009, 02:36 PM »
i work full time at the dc and i love walmart shopping.....i get 10 percent off.lol.relax guys the god d**n fish dont care where its made.go fishin quit b****in.this site is turnin in to a hen house.

p.s.good buy on that tackle.

Marcus

« Reply #19 on: Jun 06, 2009, 05:09 PM »
good find...   I would prefer supporting my local shops...but it is hard to buy the same tackle for 2-3 times more. I do however buy my bait and specialty items at smaller bait shops.   I hit the bargain rack at wally world regularly you can find some great deels.   found some rapalas ,  reef runners,  and the like for 2.50 a couple months ago   needless to say I bought a few.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #20 on: Jun 06, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Since we are having a whiner fest lets start a game with it. Name something that dont come from china. Ill Start.

Marlboro Ciggs.

Heineken ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 06, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Heineken ;D
RG
:rotflol: and i can buy it at_______wally world! :P

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #22 on: Jun 07, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I buy most of my fishing equipment at auctions and garage sales for pennies on the dollar. I bought a tackle box (full of lures, weights, swivels, ect., 2 rods and a fly tying kit yesterday for $22.50. I have been doing this for years, I take out the equipment I want and sell the rest at flea markets. Out of that $12.50 tackle box I can resell the stuff I don't want for around $100.  I have it down to a science that if I buy a tackle box for x amount I always want to be able to at least  triple my money spent when I resell the remainig equipment. Now granted my wife, myself and another couple hit the flea market circuit about 2-3 times a year and sell antique furniture and such also so I have an outlet to get rid of the equipment I don't want. When I do need something specific I buy it from my local baitshop, #1 because he's right on the way to the river and #2 he's got good prices. I guess I don't really pay any attention where it's made, if it's something I need I buy it. I drive american made cars and serve american midwest corn fed  beef in my restuarant. Be interesting to find out how many of the people that complain about buying american products drive foreign cars ;D
The nice thing about living in a free country (for now) is it's your choice. I say nice purchase and FISH on everyone!!!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Madpuppy

• HOWASAPA
« Reply #23 on: Jun 07, 2009, 10:12 AM »
thanks for supporting china! >:( next time buy from your local tackle dealer and support AMERICA  walmart sucks.........
My local small town baitshop carries a ton of stuff from China, Pakistan, Thailand you name it and of coarse the United States of America, most if not all baitshops do. Next time your in your local take a CLOSE look at the products, you might be surprised :o
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #24 on: Jun 07, 2009, 04:29 PM »
:rotflol: and i can buy it at_______wally world! :P

BJ's is cheaper ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #25 on: Jun 07, 2009, 07:29 PM »
BJ's is cheaper ;D

RG
not a member! :-\

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Strike-Zone

« Reply #26 on: Jun 07, 2009, 11:53 PM »
                                                BANNED FROM WAL-MART

This is why women should not take men shopping against their will.

After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Wal-Mart .

Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out of the Store quickly. Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loved to browse. Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Wal-Mart:

Dear Mrs. Strike - Zone,

Over the past six months, your husband has been causing quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against Mr. Strike - Zone are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.

1. October 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in people's carts when they weren't looking.

2. November 22: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.

4. December 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, 'Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away.

5. January 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&M's on layaway.

6. January 14: Moved a 'CAUTION - WET FLOOR' sign to a carpeted area.

7. January 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told other shoppers he'd invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department.

8. January 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him, he began crying and screamed, 'Why can't you people just leave me alone?'

9. February 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.

10. February 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.

11. February 17: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the 'Mission Impossible' theme.

12. February 22: In the auto department, he practiced his 'Madonna look' by using different sizes of funnels.

13. March 5: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled 'PICK ME! PICK ME!'

14. March 9: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed 'OH NO! IT'S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!'

And last, but not least .

15. March 14: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, 'Hey! There's no toilet paper in here!'

This is a re-post from earlier this year.

Never Open a Can of Worms Unless You Plan to go Fishing!

I may do Foolish things but at least I do them with ENTHUSIASM!

SO MANY FISH ------ SO LITTLE TIME

1fish@atime

« Reply #27 on: Jun 08, 2009, 04:42 AM »
That's to funny Strikezone.
On a serious note, I have been asked to leave Wally world. Last fall while school shopping for our son. I was looking at pants in a crowded rack area in mens clothing. This smaller stature guy with a cart comes through the isle I was in and without saying excuse me or anything stops, looks right at me and then hits me with his cart. Needless to say he hit the floor, his wife screaming for security. When they came and asked what happened, I told my story. They asked me to go wait in the car for my wife.(I know two of the guys on the security force there) One told me later, he was trying to say I said I would kill him??? I never said anything except EXCUSE ME ! Witness' said the same story as mine. Haven't been back since, not sure my sentence is over yet.

fishinfiend

« Reply #28 on: Jun 13, 2009, 09:07 PM »

Marlboro Ciggs.

My cold Budweiser ;D

camocrazy82

• Watch EM'! Watch EM'! GET EM'!
« Reply #29 on: Jun 14, 2009, 05:37 PM »

My cold Budweiser ;D

Werent they bought out by an oversees company?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.