FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tupper Lake  (Read 2793 times)

Laker20

Tupper Lake
« on: Jun 08, 2020, 12:40 PM »
Looking to see how the fishing is, i'll be up there for work in a couple weeks. Looking to kill sometime after work.

cnyiceguy

Re: Tupper Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10, 2020, 04:45 PM »
Shore fishing or bringing a boat? What dates are you going to there?

Bosco

« Reply #2 on: Jun 10, 2020, 07:18 PM »
Mouth of Bog River. Bass minnows under a bobber. Throw it in the current and let it follow the flow.

Laker20

« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2020, 06:52 AM »
Thanks Bosco....
cnyiceguy.....I'm bring my 18' w/downriggers, not sure if I'll need them? I'll be there the week of the 22nd.

Bosco

« Reply #4 on: Jun 11, 2020, 08:34 AM »
I'm guessing by your handle and the riggers that you'd like to target lakers. That's completely out of my sphere of experience but if you want to have a blast on pike and bass either Simon Pond or Raquette Pond/River are both very easily accessible from the Tupper Lake public launch and are loaded with clearly defined weed lines and adjacent drop offs for casting spinners or spoons.  I'll be in Tupper Lake July 4th weekend but I'm staying on Little Wolf Lake. Walleye, Smallmouth, Pike, and pannies are my game up there....in that order. Tupper Lake proper has a very healthy and very large Walleye population but they give anglers fits trying to target them outside the month of May. Too much forage. But I understand guys who target lakers do very well.

Laker20

« Reply #5 on: Jun 11, 2020, 08:55 AM »
Correct Bosco...Lol. I do target lake trout and salmon in the spring then switch over to bass after that. If there's a good population of Walleye in there, I'll definitely try for them.

cnyiceguy

« Reply #6 on: Jun 11, 2020, 10:19 AM »
I won't be up til the week of the 28th.  Since you're bring a boat, you will have plenty of fishing.  Tupper and surrounding ponds/lakes will give you a lot of of different types of structure. From shallow/weedy to deep/rocky and everything in between.  The bass have or, will be just finishing spawning...it may be tough for bigger fish. Pike may be on their early summer feed though.

Laker20

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11, 2020, 10:56 AM »
Thanks guys

cnyiceguy

« Reply #8 on: Jun 27, 2020, 07:27 PM »
How was the fishing? Heading up tomorrow.

Laker20

« Reply #9 on: Jun 29, 2020, 06:04 AM »
Not to good, got a few Smallmouths. Tried trolling for walleye and lakers and got nothing. Marked all of bait though.

Laker20

« Reply #10 on: Jul 06, 2020, 01:27 PM »
How was the fishing cnyiceguy?

cnyiceguy

« Reply #11 on: Jul 08, 2020, 11:45 AM »
It was tough. Fished Union Falls, Kushaqua Lake, Loon Lake, and Saranac River mainly for bass and walleye. Really couldn't get a consistent pattern. A fish here, a fish there. We fished shallow, deep, and everything in between. Weed, wood, and rocks. Bank and sunken islands....blah blah blah! We'd get one or two fish on one bait then nothing. Switch, catch a fish then zip. Best bass was a 18" Smallie. Caught a few LM 12-16".  2 Walleye and a few perch, rock bass, and pike. I like it better later in the summer when the fish relate to weeds better.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.