FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Casting floats  (Read 790 times)

rivereddy

Casting floats
« on: May 17, 2021, 12:38 PM »
I know they have been around for a long, long time, so I know I'm not the first, but I'm curious as to how other fishermen use those
teardrop shaped "torpedo floats".  I usually just run my line through each eye twice so I can adjust the depth.  True, it can be awkward to cast if the leader is long, but I have learned to snub the end of the cast and the leader will loop almost like a fly line leader allowing me to throw a light lure a good distance and yet have the leader end land lightly even closer to the bank. I will either use an ice fly or, tiny jig with or without a crappie nibble or a piece of worm or beemoth.  I never use any kind of sinker.  I have taken trout, walleye, and all manner of panfish with the set up.  I have used both the narrow end and the rounded end as my point of attachment to the leader. Ironically, I have never used them with traditional flies...  Any thoughts or advice out there?

fish on,

rivereddy

fishinator

Re: Casting floats
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 01:57 PM »
I have used the ones with the band. I think they are called adjust-a-bubble

Hermdog

• lets go fishing, YEA BABY YEAAA
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 05:48 AM »
I use the Adjust a bubble with a # 6 red Tru Turn hook and red wiggler when targeting them on beds. I have put a small split shot on as well for the deeper beds. Another useful tip, put a tiny swivel about a foot up from hook. It will prevent line twist when reeling back in.

billyex99

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 07:18 AM »
I usually put two rubber bobber stops on the line then pinch the line between the stops and push it through the small end and loop it over the large end.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.