FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 2020 Roll call/ what are your goals this year?  (Read 1632 times)

appleye

2020 Roll call/ what are your goals this year?
« on: Mar 25, 2020, 10:27 AM »
As it says just checking in. I'm going to try to hit some new water and less tournaments this year. Hope to do some salmon fishing somewhere, maybe Wisconsin.

307outdoorsman

Re: 2020 Roll call/ what are your goals this year?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2020, 11:53 AM »
Would like to target walleyes more, in grayrocks and glendo. And get out with the fly rod on some Laramie range streams and rivers.....miracle mile is on the fish wish list as well.

olefish

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2020, 02:04 PM »
Do more jigging and fly fishing

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2020, 02:05 PM »
breath long enough to see 2021

POk3s

• Hey looky there....I got a bite!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25, 2020, 02:50 PM »
Idk....guess I better start thinking of some. I seem to somehow put off a keyhole pike trip every year so I’ll put that at the top of the list. Beyond that I like exploring new water every summer.
Trent Williams<br /><br />Green River WOLVES<br />Wyoming COWBOYS<br /><br />

Huntinfool18

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2020, 07:07 PM »
Put the new boat to good use, hopefully break the 40lb mark on the gorge using my handmade lures/rods and a trip to keyhole are the top of my list.

fish/hunt4ever

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:33 AM »
Mine is hopefully sell the rental that we have on the market and get out fishing and camping more this year since the truck has a new motor and needs to be tested out to make sure all is a go for the years to come.  And hopefully draw my special Elk tag and Deer tag this year, would like a goat tag this year as well but if I get the Elk tag then I would be happy.

appleye

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:21 AM »
I hit the miracle mile last weekend. More of a scouting trip than anything. No fish caught. No one we talked to caught anything. Was nice to get out of the house. Had to be 200 people scatter around the river from the lake to the dam. Keyhole should be on the list! LOL 4 year of high water. I will bet it's off the hook this year for what every you would want to target. (The smallmouth fishing is crazy good. No one is talking about it. Last week of May to first week of June is spawning season) Hope to meet a couple of folk one of these days.

Good luck!

waterlike

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2020, 05:35 PM »
I'd like to get a little more into open water fishing this summer. I've been obsessed with ice fishing, and definitely still open water fish but not with the same ferocity that I icefish. I need a boat or little float tube so I can get a little more serious than just bank fishing. Probably gonna buy the pack fish 7 but not sure yet. I might have pushed the ice fishing too hard last week with late ice.  Which means my main goal should be to get in good enough shape that I can push my body as hard as I want to.

Jakediesel1

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:09 PM »
Getting back into fly fishing this year. I grew up backpacking and fly fishing wyoming but when my dads house caught fire we lost everything including good gear so I havent done it in 20 years.(Not the greatest excuse to stop but it happened) Also bought a fish finder yesterday for my kayak to perfect kayak fishing so I can get up to twin lakes and park reservoir and locate the bigger guys up there. Maybe even try some early spring walleyes on desmet

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.