FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Goin' to Myrtle Beach, S.C.  (Read 2711 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Goin' to Myrtle Beach, S.C.
« on: Aug 14, 2004, 11:49 PM »
Vacationing with the family.  I'm going to squeeze in some fishing too and will report when I get back.  Last year I went and didn't bring the tackle (my Honda only holds so much gear).  This year, got that big ol' Expedition and can fit my tackle back there too.  Last year it killed me on the calm evenings and mornings watching Spanish mackerel and bluefish chasing bait just beyond the breakers in casting range.  This year I'll be ready for 'em so long as no more hurricanes head up that way.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of touch with y'all until I get back a week from Sunday since I won't have connectivity and I don't own a laptop...I ain't haulin' my PC out there!  Should be fun.

See y'all later!  Oh, and just because I won't be around to moderate all week doesn't mean that y'all can go ahead and start blasting each other either!  Y'ALL BEHAVE NOW, YA HEA-YAH? ;D   (gotta practice my South Carolina accent);D

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
Re: Goin' to Myrtle Beach, S.C.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2004, 04:50 AM »
sounds like you are all set to have a great time Kevin,enjoy and i hope you and your family have a safe trip!!watch out for them gators!!
Scotty 

Jigwiggler

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2004, 07:12 AM »
Sounds like some great plans!  Enjoy your trip and time with your family!  May you all return safely.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

fozsey

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2004, 08:21 AM »
Have a great time Kevin. Relax and enjoy. See ya when you get back.  ;)

genz_man

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2004, 09:05 AM »
If you ain't too tired give me a buzz after you get this message. I would like to try to get plans in order for fishing with you and kyle for next weekend. If you can make it of course. I have all weekend long to go so try to get out at least one day anyway.

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #5 on: Aug 15, 2004, 09:20 AM »
Yall  have a good time ieet  ;D
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

fastribs85

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:06 AM »
hey have fun be safe and catch some big-uns and bring us back some cool pics
naked women and beer we got it all in here

TimC1086

« Reply #7 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:07 AM »
hey fb have a great time

as this is my first summer with a job, i now appreciate the benefits of vacation even more. (like last night, at fenway in the monster seats with my friend- talk about a thrill).

anyways, tight lines fatboy, catch a winner.

Bigfish57

« Reply #8 on: Aug 15, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Have fun on the surf man!
Anthony

fISH2WIN

• Set the hook! They aint got hands
« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2004, 11:45 AM »
I will be doing the same thing in Oct. You are getting me excited just talking about it. Catch a bunch and then let us know about them. Fish2win
Please do not cast into the trees. Most of the fish are in the water

missfishylicious

« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2004, 09:01 AM »
I hopr you packed your generator  ;D

seriously hope the blackout doesn't mess up your fun  ;)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #11 on: Aug 27, 2004, 05:36 PM »
Well folks, I made it back in one piece.  Here's my fishing report (not a lot to report  :( )

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=4709.0

Anyway, vacation was good but the drive down was tough as it poured rain the entire drive along with bumper to bumper left lane bandit traffic.  The hurricane came through there on Saturday and by the time it hit it was only a tropical storm with 90 mph winds.  It left a few downed trees, a few temporary buildings and vendor stands were damaged, but overall it wasn't too bad - could have been a lot worse.

My daughter and I found lots of fossil sharks teeth and a real cool 20+ million year old porcupine fish dental crushing plate (fancy name for a puffer molar tooth!).  The surf was rough the 2nd half of the week due to a tropical storm off shore.  We went to the aquarium and that was cool, even saw sharks teeth on the bottom of the tank!  It's really amazing why there are so many sharks teeth fossils in the world.  When you think of it, each shark loses anywhere from 1 to 5 thousand teeth a year and all of these teeth preserve into fossils well.  If there are millions of sharks, times 5,000 teeth per year, times 50 million years, thats a heck of a lot of teeth, like billions.  So, when they lose that many teeth in the wild, it also happens in captivity.  The ones that we saw were sand tiger sharks teeth.  I have some pics of our trip that I'll post next week, pretty neat.  We also did a bunch of shopping and I pulled a muscle in my wallet :-\  I gained back 10 pounds from the good eats, but am now losing it again (5 gone already). 

I can tell you that at my age body surfing ain't such a good idea any more.  I was OK until one of those rough surf days when a wave sent me down to my head.  My mouth popped open and I gulped a mouthful of sand and salt water.  Yuk.  That was enough of that for me. 

Make sure you check out the fishing report, I saw some pretty cool stuff that day...

missfishylicious

« Reply #12 on: Aug 29, 2004, 08:11 AM »
OH MY GOD
I think you just answered one of those questions you get in your life you don't think will ever be answered .is this puffer fish thing a little black flat thing that looks like it has teeth on one edge ?. never mind I'll post a picture of the one I have and you can tell me if it's one of those.I found it in a can of shark teeth my grandmother gave me to make her a seahorse out of i did and she said i could keep the rest I kept a few but the rest I scattered on the beach at hermit Island Maine .I thought the kids would get a kick out of them ,you don't find them up there much.I'll post a picture of this thing and the seahorse,she left it to me when she died it's cool

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #13 on: Aug 29, 2004, 08:24 AM »
Cool!  I'll look forward to that!  About scattering the teeth on the beach, imagine how funny it would have been if a paleontologist found one of those up there!  His head would have been spinning!!! ;D

missfishylicious

« Reply #14 on: Aug 29, 2004, 08:41 AM »
actually there is a naturalist woman who takes the kids on guided tours of the island I would loved to have seen the look on her face  :o  splain that nature lady  ;D I'll shut down and load the picures my hubby going to kill me I'm suposed to be hooking up the garage door  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.